Can someone who watches soccer give me cliffs of the FIFA scandal?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
What's going on with FIFA? I've read about worker deaths in Qatar and for years I've heard about corruption, but what is this latest madness?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Fifa officials take bribes to decide where they are going to host the World Cup. They have done this for years, US courts are trying to convict them for it, and it is about time.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Don't forget one of the accused is supposedly putting up over 150 million to avoid jail...Theres always slimey puppeteers behind every sport..

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
P

Punch

Any system in place long enough will be subject to assholes corrupting it.

Fett_Loadin76

That one guy that did that one thing
Jan 24, 2015
.... and Blatter just won the election again. people want him to resign and hes refusing to step down.

Sepp Blatter re-elected as Fifa president after Prince Ali Bin al-Hussein concedes defeat | Football | The Guardian

Sepp Blatter re-elected as Fifa president after Prince Ali Bin al-Hussein concedes defeat

Sepp Blatter gained 133 votes to Prince Ali Bin al-Hussein’s 73 in the first round of voting, not enough to secure a two-thirds majority, but the challenger conceded defeat
I loved his acceptance speech too... acted like nothing was wrong and vowed to turn it all around

then later in the day said "I can forgive but I won't forget"

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
I loved his acceptance speech too... acted like nothing was wrong and vowed to turn it all around

then later in the day said "I can forgive but I won't forget"
yeah its crazy. they need more younger people heading Fifa not a bunch of 80 year old men that have no clue about technology.

They seriously need time stoppage. Theres wayy too much cheating in soccer by killing time.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Louis Figo was trying to be the Fifa president but then left because he said it was super shady. Hopefully he comes back now that Blatter is out. It should go to someone that actually played professional soccer.

It seems everyone on the board are super old men that probably dont even watch soccer. just collect the pay cheques.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Blatter in the hot seat now.

Sepp Blatter tells FIFA staff he has done nothing illegal - Yahoo Sports

Sepp Blatter tells FIFA staff he has done nothing illegal
September 28, 2015

ZURICH (AP) -- Sepp Blatter told his staff he has done ''nothing illegal or improper,'' the FIFA president's legal team said Monday.

Blatter was back at FIFA headquarters three days after being interrogated by Swiss investigators at the scandal-battered governing body's headquarters.

Blatter is expected to hand over power in February when an emergency election is held, triggered by the president's resignation statement four days after being re-elected for a fifth, four-year term in May.

But the 79-year-old Blatter does not appear to be planning any sudden exit despite being the subject of a criminal investigation over his management of world soccer.

''President Blatter spoke to FIFA staff today and informed the staff that he was cooperating with the authorities, reiterated that he had done nothing illegal or improper and stated that he would remain as president of FIFA,'' Blatter's attorney, Richard Cullen, said in a statement.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
.... and Blatter just won the election again. people want him to resign and hes refusing to step down.

Sepp Blatter re-elected as Fifa president after Prince Ali Bin al-Hussein concedes defeat | Football | The Guardian

Sepp Blatter re-elected as Fifa president after Prince Ali Bin al-Hussein concedes defeat

Sepp Blatter gained 133 votes to Prince Ali Bin al-Hussein’s 73 in the first round of voting, not enough to secure a two-thirds majority, but the challenger conceded defeat
What a fucking deluded cunt he is

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Sepp Blatter is the most snakey person in the football world. Also a complete tool

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Sepp Blatter is the most snakey person in the football world. Also a complete tool
Agree.
On a side note, you might laugh at this. I was at a birthday party for one of the children at my daughters nursery yesterday and the father was a relatively tall, athletic type pretty looking guy. Anyway, a whole bunch of really attractive mothers and their stylish type husbands were also there.
I'm just like ok buddy thanks for the party (expensive party) and take it easy.
I get home and I find out late last night the father was jack Hobbs from Nottingham forest and some of his teammates were also there.

Ironically, he was humble as shit and made such an effort to talk to me and the other fathers.....and dumb ole me didn't fugging have a clue at the time

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Agree.
On a side note, you might laugh at this. I was at a birthday party for one of the children at my daughters nursery yesterday and the father was a relatively tall, athletic type pretty looking guy. Anyway, a whole bunch of really attractive mothers and their stylish type husbands were also there.
I'm just like ok buddy thanks for the party (expensive party) and take it easy.
I get home and I find out late last night the father was jack Hobbs from Nottingham forest and some of his teammates were also there.

Ironically, he was humble as shit and made such an effort to talk to me and the other fathers.....and dumb ole me didn't fugging have a clue at the time
Lol. I have never heard of him so googled him and it turns out he played for Liverpool and your hometown Leicester for three years. I've only met one footballer in person and it was Darren Bent when he played for Aston Villa. He was cool and didn't seem like a stuck up cunt like most other footballers.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I was hoping some of the top leagues would have started their own sanctioning body and let FIFA die