Can you guys help me get excited about MMA again?!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Ready go!!!!

I think MMA is the worst it has ever been imo. I have not once seen a fight recently that made me feel like i was the one fighting and getting all anxious and excited and nervous.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I think we're past the tension and nervousness era of MMA, which was mostly built on hype and style matchups. Now we're in the craftsmanship era where you just have to enjoy the sport on the basis of the technical level being so high. It's like the San Antonio Spurs era of the NBA.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Ready go!!!!

I think MMA is the worst it has ever been imo. I have not once seen a fight recently that made me feel like i was the one fighting and getting all anxious and excited and nervous.
Ok, here are some ideas that may or may not work for you.

Start playing monster's. You'll start to know more of the fighters and feel some kind of investment in every fight. Alternatively, find some other way to create artificial investment, just to get yourself going again, like the betting exchange or verdict.

Find a fighter you can care about, maybe start following a regional promotion close to where you live.

Find a team you like - often you can get to know fighters before they get big because they are training partners of fighters you like.

With all the UFC problems, it's hard to be into the fights when there's so much business being focused on. It's like with team sports, when your favorite player gets traded or someone you've been conditioned to think of as the enemy gets traded to your team. It's hard to get those good, excited/nervous feelings back, imo.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
Fedor is fighting in June. Other than that I've got nothing, mma sucks right now. Nothing to cry over though, there are other things to do in life.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
UFC 211 should be great; I will be nervous for a few of those fights. I don't blame you for feeling the way you do, though. It's not been a good year so far at all, but least we have a good one to look forward to in two weeks.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Fedor is fighting in June. Other than that I've got nothing, mma sucks right now. Nothing to cry over though, there are other things to do in life.
That is for damn sure. I missed the last couple UFC events and didnt even realize they were on till my boyz called and asked if i was watching it. I was watching my NY Rangers go to the next round thats about it lol. I dont even miss Sat night PPVs. Like you said now that I dont care as much we go out much more.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think we are in the WWE merge UFC era, WME will have guys talking and acting like they are the bad guy when the broccoli on their plate is badder than they are. So I dont think there will be an improvement in the product.