Canada to legalize marijuana in 2016

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Apr 3, 2015
After 15 years of advocating for the right to use Cannabis, I say that its about time Canada!! it doesnt matter if you use it or not, what matters is that it hurts no one and has medical benefits. What it basically comes down to is: what knowledgeable information & authority do you possess to tell me what to do with my own body and mind?

Canada to become first G7 nation to legalize marijuana: government - Yahoo News

Last edited:

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
If you are going to use it, vape or ingest because smoking it certainly does cause damage.

It does hurt some people btw.

Do it, we're friendly! It's kinda cold here right now though.
Why thank you... :)

I'm from Liverpool UK

I can handle it better than this Adelaide weather today...41 Celsius.....

I fear my ballsack has melted into the crack of my ass.

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015
Why thank you... :)

I'm from Liverpool UK

I can handle it better than this Adelaide weather today...41 Celsius.....

I fear my ballsack has melted into the crack of my ass.
Ah, Merseyside probably gets chilly!

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I quit about 2 months ago due to not being able to responsibly use. My only fear with legalization is more people having this problem. I support medicinal use, but am still on the fence about recreational use. If you use it regularly, it's so effective that you can not realize what underlying mental or physical health problems you have. It truly is a wonder drug.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I wish Indiana would get on board with the legalization. I haven't used it for about 15 years, but I probably would if it were legal. I know my mom could've benefited from it when going through Chemo. Weed would've helped the pain and is not as harmful as all the oxy, morphine, and other shit that gets prescribed every day.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
After 15 years of advocating for the right to use Cannabis, I say that its about time Canada!! it doesnt matter if you use it or not, what matters is that it hurts no one and has medical benefits. What it basically comes down to is: what knowledgeable information & authority do you possess to tell me what to do with my own body and mind?

Canada to become first G7 nation to legalize marijuana: government - Yahoo News

I fully support the legislation, but it hurts and has hurt many. I recently had a co-worker pass away from the lung cancer he developed after years of excessive use. He wasn't even able to give it up after having a lung removed and having the doctor's tell him that he needed to quit.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I quit about 2 months ago due to not being able to responsibly use. My only fear with legalization is more people having this problem. I support medicinal use, but am still on the fence about recreational use. If you use it regularly, it's so effective that you can not realize what underlying mental or physical health problems you have. It truly is a wonder drug.
There's some very valid concerns with this post, most of which I share. I've found that people are either all in on the marijuana culture, or completely against it which creates the problem of there not being very many objective opinions on statements made by either side.

JayRoc

can't Re Member
Oct 28, 2015
There's some very valid concerns with this post, most of which I share. I've found that people are either all in on the marijuana culture, or completely against it which creates the problem of there not being very many objective opinions on statements made by either side.
I don't see this at all.

I have met very few people who are completely against it, and have met very few that are "all in to the marijuana culture"

Most people i know either smoke it or don't, and most don't care if the others do or don't. conversations concerning its use happen frequently with plenty of objective and open minded opinions from both.

the bottom line in my opinion is that one should be allowed to decide for themselves whether they want to smoke it or not.

Canada s' government has been told by its people that we want that choice.

so...smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I don't see this at all.

I have met very few people who are completely against it, and have met very few that are "all in to the marijuana culture"

Most people i know either smoke it or don't, and most don't care if the others do or don't. conversations concerning its use happen frequently with plenty of objective and open minded opinions from both.

the bottom line in my opinion is that one should be allowed to decide for themselves whether they want to smoke it or not.

Canada s' government has been told by its people that we want that choice.

so...smoke 'em if ya got 'em.
I honestly don't think I've ever been apart of one, this being the notable exception, but the thread is young. I'm still astonished by the amount of people who think driving high is a non-issue. Like I've said before, I support the legislation. I don't however support the notion that things should be legal or illegal based on people being allowed to decide for themselves. That's an extremely slippery slope to traverse. We know that marijuana, like alcohol, use can be hazardous not just to the user, but also to those around them. So, it's not as if it's an indivudal decision that is made without consequence to others.

JayRoc

can't Re Member
Oct 28, 2015
I honestly don't think I've ever been apart of one, this being the notable exception, but the thread is young. I'm still astonished by the amount of people who think driving high is a non-issue. Like I've said before, I support the legislation. I don't however support the notion that things should be legal or illegal based on people being allowed to decide for themselves. That's an extremely slippery slope to traverse. We know that marijuana, like alcohol, use can be hazardous not just to the user, but also to those around them. So, it's not as if it's an indivudal decision that is made without consequence to others.
slippery slope indeed,

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
What about people showing up to work stoned. I've had guys come in blazed out and they were mostly slower (not sharp) and were pretty worthless. I had to keep a close eye on them to make sure things were done properly and in an orderdly fashion.

On the other hand we've had guys that did their job no prob, and I know they were high. In fact they sucked if they didn't have it. They were usually older gents that probably smoked their whole lives. The guys that were worse on pot out weighed these guys tho.

Not work related but we had a guy on our softball team that occasionally smoked. He was our short stop. He was awesome. When he came to play stoned, it messed up his whole game. He's make glove errors, throwing errors, and it effected his hitting too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is how can you just accept an employee all fucked up and not doing their job properly? Is there a way to test them like a breathalizer type instrument?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
What about people showing up to work stoned. I've had guys come in blazed out and they were mostly slower (not sharp) and were pretty worthless. I had to keep a close eye on them to make sure things were done properly and in an orderdly fashion.

On the other hand we've had guys that did their job no prob, and I know they were high. In fact they sucked if they didn't have it. They were usually older gents that probably smoked their whole lives. The guys that were worse on pot out weighed these guys tho.

Not work related but we had a guy on our softball team that occasionally smoked. He was our short stop. He was awesome. When he came to play stoned, it messed up his whole game. He's make glove errors, throwing errors, and it effected his hitting too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is how can you just accept an employee all fucked up and not doing their job properly? Is there a way to test them like a breathalizer type instrument?
I know how easy it is to "pass" a weed test but I don't think this should be any sort of deterent in the debate for legalization. If workers are noticeably high and can't perform their job then fire them for incompetence and don't wait to find a recognized way to prove drug use. That or plant some roaches in the toolbox/desk and you're set.