General Canada's House of Commons votes to legalize marijuana

Discussion in 'The Off-topic Lounge' started by MC Gusto, Jun 18, 2018.

1. ConorMcGregorsBeard

ConorMcGregorsBeard The Face That Runs the Place

Ratings:
    +23,252
    You could be correct. So allow me to rephrase. It took and hour for some loser to break a law. I'm not quite sure how the loser driver would have been able to escape charges though. Makes you wonder about the application of the law.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. MC Gusto

MC Gusto I bought a gun and chose drugs instead

Ratings:
    +9,381
    Cannabis retailers warn of lingering supply shortage

3. Super Dave

Super Dave Got Becksploded All Over Me Face

Ratings:
    +12,960
    Winnipeg police issue their first cannabis ticket Wednesday

Police tweeted a photo of a $672 ticket for consuming cannabis in a motor vehicle, saying that the infraction occurred early Wednesday morning.

The $672 fine is one of many penalties Manitobans could face for disregarding the province’s new pot laws.

Fines are as low as $237 for transporting improperly stored cannabis, and as high as $2,542 for supplying cannabis to someone under 19.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Super Dave

Super Dave Got Becksploded All Over Me Face

Ratings:
    +12,960
  5. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381
    How much weed was sold on Canada’s legalization day, province-by-province

6. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381
    Licensed cannabis growers have ties to organized crime, Enquête investigation finds

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381
    What a joke.

I used to buy my grass from a store who employed staff and paid taxes... now I am seeking out a black market dealer.

These prices are fucking ridiculous. Include in 10% taxes and a $8 shipping fee an 1/8th comes out to over $50.

Way to push even more money back into the black market there Canadian Liberals.

[​IMG]

They have to be fucking nuts if they think I will pay that when I am used to paying a max of $50 per quarter oz / 150 per oz.

[​IMG]

#107 MC Gusto, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  8. ConorMcGregorsBeard

Ratings:
    +23,252
    That's your provincial government, not the federal. Ontario weed is generally running about half that.

9. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381

[​IMG]

Still bullshit and not half the price. No shipping fee.. is that correct or does it just get added on after the fact?

I haven't paid $45 for an 8th of grass since I was a teenager.

10. ConorMcGregorsBeard

Ratings:
    +23,252
    I was looking at the cheaper stuff on the page when I made that comment. That's still 2/3's the price. Better write your MPP and see what the fuck they're doing.

I believe it's a $5 flat fee from the OCS site.

11. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381
    I based both comparisons on the top shelf stuff.

And we all know, BC has a far superior product to Onterrible.

Either way, prices are similar when you add in a shipping fee.. give or take a toonie or two.

Life is to short to smoke bottom shelf shit.

12. ConorMcGregorsBeard

Ratings:
    +23,252
    I'll take your word for it, CBD oil is the only thing I'd have any interest in, but not surprisingly the website is less than informative and it appears all of the oils also have THC in them.

13. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381
    It is a shame what is being offered.

I agree, it is a joke. My previous store used to carry the Charlottes Web strain that was full CBD, plus oils, drops, body products, pills, edibles, flower, vapes that were all cbd. Now the selection is limited and tainted to those who wish not to ingest THC. Interesting enough, the higher the CBD content, the less the THC content will have psychoactive properties. So if you get a 20%/3% the buzz will be very minimal. With that said, if you want straight CBD, you should be able to access straight CBD. They do have a few on the BC site with less than %1 THC.. you just are paying triple the price you are if you bought it off 'my buddy'.

When I was in the UK you could buy 100% CBD drops in a drug store yet marijuana was still illegal. Much different from the drops we get here though, our are very oil based (clear, pressed concentrates), in the UK it was very plant based (dark green, thick, plant based).

If you haven't indulged in CBD yet, do so. Dont be worried if it is THC-less as you cant over indulge in CBD. It will relax you, reduce inflammation and reduce anxiety. Sounds too good to be true but if you can find a non THC strain, that is exactly what you will get.

14. Ted Williams' head

Ted Williams' head It's freezing in here!

Ratings:
    +21,052
    Buying grass on the black market?!?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drunk? Drunk? x 1
  15. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381

As expected, @Ted Williams' head@Ted Williams' head cant participate in a respectful discussion. No one felt the need to act cute until you showed up.

Yes, the black market, welcome to reality. If you can buy a product on the black market at half the price you can from the store, most people are going to continue to do what they have been doing for the last 100 years... buying grass off the black market. No taxes being paid, organized crime profiting. Good job Canadian Liberals.

16. Lamont Cranston

Lamont Cranston Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
    First 100

Ratings:
    +2,063
    Some days you can't win.

We now have the ability to buy marihuana legally in Canada and use it recreationally.

The stuff you buy is quality stuff, despite what people would have you believe. The people making it are scientists and biologists etc. It's in a controlled environment. You don't have to worry about what is in it.

There is a vast variety that you can buy and they will send it right to your house and you can buy this in many ways and pay for it in various methods.

To top that off, if you don't like it, you can grow up to four plants on your own of your choosing and style in your own house.

Yet people still complain?

Look. I'm no fan of the liberal party. I think they're idiots for the most part. But to think think that this won't hurt the black market is silly.

17. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381
    I am sure it will put a dent in the black market, no doubt.

But I dont think it will eliminate the black market, not even close. When the govt product is being sold at 2-3 times the cost of buying it privately, illegal product wont be going anywhere.

18. Lamont Cranston

First 100

Ratings:
    +2,063
    I don't think the black market will ever be eliminated but cost won't be as much of a factor as people think. Despite being more expensive, people will still buy it.

The black market will always exist for any and every thing to some degree.

The fact you can buy it freely really hurts the black market but the ability to grow at home puts some serious nails in the coffin.

19. Lars

Lars Thor Shark

Ratings:
    +20,482
    I only buy black market alcohol, tobacco and weed. I’m a rebel like that. I have a leather jacket.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Lamont Cranston

First 100

Ratings:
    +2,063
    As ironic as it sounds the black market for tobacco is probably now going to be the biggest of them.

With the legalization of marihuana and the ability to grow it at home, tobacco remains the one thing it's hard to make and use for yourself. Alcohol is an example of where I think weed will go. If it was easier to make alcohol people would do so. As it is, people buy it anyway despite high prices.

What I am hoping is that the new industry that comes with this means new jobs and income in both private income and taxes. As well I am hoping to see less issues in court, jail, and LEO interaction.

But time will tell.

21. DiSmAnTLeR

DiSmAnTLeR Active Member

Ratings:
    +902
    Show me somewhere that is selling tax stamped seeds. To the best of my knowledge, no one is offering them yet.

22. DiSmAnTLeR

DiSmAnTLeR Active Member

Ratings:
    +902
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I participated in the installation of duct lines and plenums in some of these “controlled environments”. We were under a tight timeline and late before we started. I explained how that because we were cutting takeoff holes with a grinder, metal shavings were being deposited all over inside the plenums and they would need to be cleaned out before the units were up and running. No one cared.

23. Lamont Cranston

First 100

Ratings:
    +2,063
    Edibles are not available yet either. It's not all rolled out yet. I'm not sure what you are getting at.

24. conor mcgregor nut hugger

conor mcgregor nut hugger Jon Jones is NOT an intentional doper

Ratings:
    +13,794
    Canada 20 years after legalizing weed:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Lamont Cranston

First 100

Ratings:
    +2,063
    This is incorrect. That is Canada in 2019 after Trudeau has been removed from Office.

• Funny Funny x 3
Draft saved Draft deleted