General Canadian Politics eh.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
so who is going to be the new cpc leader? pierre pollievre? kellie leitch? max has left the building ,remple is too drunk . i hope kevin o leary steps in lol

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Member when Belinda broke his heart? He had to go back home to PEI and pose forlornly in the potato fields in a cardigan he was so distraught.
whatever happened to belinda ? she was going to be the next big thing at one time

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
i didnt think scheer had it in him to scam money for personal uses. that is actually kind of amazing that ned flanders would do such a thing. the cpc needed a new leader anyways but it sucks to see andy go out with a scandal. i didnt think he had the balls
I have to be honest, that doesn't strike me as something that would be unique to Scheer. I know for sure that every member of the Liberal cabinet was doing it. It occurs to me that they were looking for a reason to get rid of him, and he had enough of defending himself from his own party, so he took the out when it was offered.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I have to be honest, that doesn't strike me as something that would be unique to Scheer. I know for sure that every member of the Liberal cabinet was doing it. It occurs to me that they were looking for a reason to get rid of him, and he had enough of defending himself from his own party, so he took the out when it was offered.
there is no doubt he has had a target on his back since the leadership race but especially after he failed to win the election

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
there is no doubt he has had a target on his back since the leadership race but especially after he failed to win the election
The funny thing about that is really think about it for a second, being mad at him for not winning the election is really just people looking for a problem. Don't get me wrong, JT was beatable, but it's rare for an incumbent to be dethroned. Scheer won more seats than Harper did last election, and he did it with a lame duck NDP candidate and Mad Max in at least one riding I know of taking enough of the vote to hand it off to the Liberals.

The far right of the party didn't think he was conservative enough because he wouldn't speak out against abortion and gay marriage, and the red tories wanted him gone because he wouldn't march in Pride parades. Personally, I respect him for having his own opinions (that I disagree with) but ultimately having no interest in forcing them on others. As oppose to this "We all need to be better." thought police, nonsense.

The person who really looks stupid today is Maxime Bernier.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The funny thing about that is really think about it for a second, being mad at him for not winning the election is really just people looking for a problem. Don't get me wrong, JT was beatable, but it's rare for an incumbent to be dethroned. Scheer won more seats than Harper did last election, and he did it with a lame duck NDP candidate and Mad Max in at least one riding I know of taking enough of the vote to hand it off to the Liberals.

The far right of the party didn't think he was conservative enough because he wouldn't speak out against abortion and gay marriage, and the red tories wanted him gone because he wouldn't march in Pride parades. Personally, I respect him for having his own opinions (that I disagree with) but ultimately having no interest in forcing them on others. As oppose to this "We all need to be better." thought police, nonsense.

The person who really looks stupid today is Maxime Bernier.
max always looks stupid. the cpc needed a new leader anyways

M

member 1013

so who is going to be the new cpc leader? pierre pollievre? kellie leitch? max has left the building ,remple is too drunk . i hope kevin o leary steps in lol
Remple is so annoying IRL when she’s partying

I say bring back Rona Ambrose. She has a huge head and a solid jaw line, which is what I look for in a leader

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Pollievre would make a great leader, but I don't think he wants it.

I wouldn't be upset if they could convince Brian Lilly to run.

M

member 1013

I don't know what a shitheel is, but Pollievre would do fine on the GTA.

A shitheel is exactly what it sounds like. Imagine you just stepped in some dog shit and it’s all over your heel. That’s what he is, as a person.

no I don’t think he would, not unless he embraced some sunny ways

M

member 3289

To be succinct, it's not the exact same as what the DNC did to Bernie in 2016, but it's not entirely disimilar. Long story short, the power hungry members of the fringe wanted him gone, and they got their wish. This is really good for JT.
The Conservative party needs a more charismatic leader imo

M

member 1013

i didnt think scheer had it in him to scam money for personal uses. that is actually kind of amazing that ned flanders would do such a thing. the cpc needed a new leader anyways but it sucks to see andy go out with a scandal. i didnt think he had the balls
Man you can’t be serious

did you fall for his whole “gud Kristin” aww shucks facade? He’s a snake who sold his soul to the dairy cartel for a chance at personal glory. The dude has serial killer eyes ffs. Ned Flanders doesn’t have serial killer eyes.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
A shitheel is exactly what it sounds like. Imagine you just stepped in some dog shit and it’s all over your heel. That’s what he is, as a person.

no I don’t think he would, not unless he embraced some sunny ways
You had a lot of interactions with him? He's the riding next to me and he's generally well regarded.

M

member 1013

Seriously doe BeardOfKnowledge @JonJonesBeard is right, Bertans are never happy and expect everything handed to them. Lots of laid off oil workers could get work in a different industry if they were willing to make less than 100k a year with little or no education and technical skills

M

member 1013

You had a lot of interactions with him? He's the riding next to me and he's generally well regarded.
I’ve met him once for a quick handshake but honestly I’m probably mostly speaking out of a general malaise and cynicism, and a love for Rona’s huge melon.