General Canadian Politics eh.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
thanksgiving is cancelled folks
How are things out your way with the Rona?

Cases locally are through the roof, but last I heard hospitalizations and deaths were still pretty flat. They did introduce this yesterday though:

As the number of active COVID-19 cases continues to rise in Ottawa, its public health officials are ordering anyone who fits one of these descriptions to immediately self-isolate or face a fine of up to $5,000 per day in court:

• Tests positive for COVID-19.
  • Has signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
  • Was in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
  • Is waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test.
  • Has reasonable grounds to think they have COVID-19.
They're allowed to end their isolation after 14 days or if they test negative.
So I guess we're not actually allowed to leave our houses anymore.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Only could the government fuck up selling weed.
about a year ago i applied for a job with flowr cannabis. i had several interviews and visited their site 3x.it was unbelievable. i immediately understood why the state of the legal cannabis market is the way it is. they had a state of the art facility built in an industrial area 2 towns over. it is fuckin massive. they must have has 100 office nerds just handling the administration of the place . that is 100 salaried employees before you even get to the grow op. then they have several crews one sets up . one grows and maintains the place and one tears down and cleans up . they got like 150 people running what would have been 4-5 guys on the black market. while i was there they took me across the street to check out their greenhouses .i think it is pretty ballsy to try and grow commercial outdoor in this valley .it is usually cold mid october and weed doesnt like to grow much below 12c. we have already had some 4c mornings . weed is going to be ready late oct or early nov here. that is a huge gamble . they also had started work on a new building next door to the main grow to process extracts . they must have spent 100 mil on this place . no shit they have to charge 14 bucks a gram for the govt weed . everything was done as big as possible on investors money . most of the people their looked like they had never even tried weed before it was legalized and sure as shit none of them had ever grown dope professionally before . i am sure they has UBC horticulture degrees though

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
How are things out your way with the Rona?

Cases locally are through the roof, but last I heard hospitalizations and deaths were still pretty flat. They did introduce this yesterday though:

So I guess we're not actually allowed to leave our houses anymore.
i never hear anything about the rona. its like it doesnt even exist. i guess we have 91 new cases and no deaths today

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Sneak? He might be a shoe in based on track record alone.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5733474
horgan will get relected for certain . i mean he didnt exactly get elected in the first place last time . christy clark won that election but due to hippy/commie fuckery we ended up with a green/ndp coalition .BC doesnt have a real strong opposition right now and the lower mainland/island loves the NDP.i would be very surprised to see them lose even though the speculation tax is super unpopular

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I want to see what this alleged national child care program will look like.
Hopefully it's not just lip service, as I don't see O'Toole winning an election against Trudeau.