General Canadian Politics eh.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
how are you guys doing your taxes, im wanting to start filing my own
Usually just QuickTax or whatever, I'm using an accountant this year on account of all the covid related tax horseshit as I don't want to be potentially leaving money on the table.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

Here's how fucking greasy mortgage brokers are. You can right now get a 10 year fixed at give or take 2.5%. That's an incredible value and protects your rate for almost half of your 25 year mortgage. It's not sexy, but it's extremely responsible, this cheap money ain't gonna last forever. They aren't even offering this as a reasonable option to their customers because "LOOK HOW CHEAP VARIABLE IS. LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY YOU CAN HAS!!!"

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Here's how fucking greasy mortgage brokers are. You can right now get a 10 year fixed at give or take 2.5%. That's an incredible value and protects your rate for almost half of your 25 year mortgage. It's not sexy, but it's extremely responsible, this cheap money ain't gonna last forever. They aren't even offering this as a reasonable option to their customers because "LOOK HOW CHEAP VARIABLE IS. LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY YOU CAN HAS!!!"
Spot on

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Who is offering this nonsense

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
We need to do away with the time change.some cunt just delivered us a dump truck load of compost with 14 fucking tires in it.i guess they were supposed to go to the dump but buddy didnt look he just started filling up his dump this morning.i just spent like an hour fishing them out with a fork attachment.good times.i dont know how they didnt realize it only took half the amount of buckets to fill up this morning

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
We need to do away with the time change.some cunt just delivered us a dump truck load of compost with 14 fucking tires in it.i guess they were supposed to go to the dump but buddy didnt look he just started filling up his dump this morning.i just spent like an hour fishing them out with a fork attachment.good times.i dont know how they didnt realize it only took half the amount of buckets to fill up this morning
the fuck?

M

member 1013

Can someone explain this to me in English? @CovidFree ?
This is from over half a year ago:

Why do we need a fiscal anchor?
Fiscal anchors serve as notional ceilings or caps to the levels of public spending, deficits, and debt that governments are prepared to reach in their fiscal policy. They serve many purposes including:
  1. Retaining the confidence of lenders and global markets (i.e., credit access at favorable rates);
  2. Establishing a positive investment climate for businesses;
  3. Providing a measure of fiscal discipline inside government. If the Finance Minister doesn’t have one, it becomes very difficult for her to put any sorts of constraints on her colleagues in Cabinet and caucus; and
  4. Ensuring that the government has the ability to respond to future economic shocks and unforeseen crises.
Before COVID-19, the current government’s fiscal anchor was a decreasing debt-to-GDP ratio. That anchor has disappeared.
The question before the government is: what should its fiscal anchor be going forward?
A two-step approach may be warranted. It is difficult to know how and when the current crisis will subside. Absent a universal vaccine, the economy will continue to perform under capacity for some time. Continued income support could be needed for some individuals and certain sectors of the economy.
But as the recovery continues and key economic indicators show continued progress, a new fiscal anchor will be needed to put federal finances back on a sustainable path. Spending as a percentage of GDP may be a more realistic and useful anchor going forward.
Policymakers must be laser-focused on the qualitative nature of fiscal policy. Not all deficits are equal in what they produce and generate in economic outputs. As an example, there is a qualitative difference between sending $300 cheques to all Canadians irrespective of their income and R&D spending focused on innovation and productivity. Money spent on one program is not available to be spent elsewhere, so opportunity costs become important. One can dispute the value of one program over another, but choices governments make today are consequential.
The best way to promote recovery and long-term growth is to focus on policies that will make our economy more productive, more resilient and more inclusive. Investments in our human capital advantage, innovation and Canada’s productive capacity matter now more than ever. Let’s be smart about we do next. We cannot afford a lost decade with no growth.