General Canadian Politics eh.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

I don’t think NDP has moved further left over the last decade really.. just the Libs and Cons.

I am also not sure the right should get a pass on racism when the left is getting shamed for it. Both side should be held to the same standards, expected or not. Either way, the tweets were shameful And I’m glad the candidate step down. I will give the one candidate a little bit of forgiveness as he was only 16 at the time the tweet.
I understand your feelings and agree with them in principle but the left has made me BIG MAD in the last decade and I’ve always been BIG MAD at the right.

RE: your second point, that explains why he asked Oprah, of all people, for her expert opinion.

M

member 1013

Everyone is screaming about the lack of ICU beds and government preparation, pointing the finger and blaming Trudeau yet when it’s pointed out that the majority of the governments in charge are conservative, the tune changes to, well Canadians don’t really wanna pay for it ?
I never blamed Trudeau for it… you’re being weird the last few days.

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Everyone is screaming about the lack of ICU beds and government preparation, pointing the finger and blaming Trudeau yet when it’s pointed out that the majority of the governments in charge are conservative, the tune changes to, well Canadians don’t really wanna pay for it ?
I've honestly hated paying for it, glad MSP is gone. I hated having to pay a bill having to call their number and it's busy all the time. I always felt there was a better system.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I understand your feelings and agree with them in principle but the left has made me BIG MAD in the last decade and I’ve always been BIG MAD at the right.

RE: your second point, that explains why he asked Oprah, of all people, for her expert opinion.
I was like "Really, he was only 16? That's kind of bullshit. Oh, wait, they're running an 18 year old."

M

member 1013

I still don’t get the reference to Oprah? Is there something to it? Or is he just need an idiot kid?
I am going to definitively declare he was being a 16 year old “edge lord” and simply doing it for “the lulz.” I’m sure she has a massive Twitter following. I will give the poor guy a break based on this meaningless theory.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
I've honestly hated paying for it, glad MSP is gone. I hated having to pay a bill having to call their number and it's busy all the time. I always felt there was a better system.
NDP has your back!

Also, have you got your ICBC rebate cheques yet?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I never blamed Trudeau for it… you’re being weird the last few days.
Yeah, I mean most of the overall pandemic handling can be laid at JT's feet, but I've been very hard on our provincial government for the last year.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
La Paix @Nuk Soo Kow Did I forget to mention BC’s economy is up there leading the pack in Canada?

And that the NDP has successfully delivered 79% of the promises made in the previous campaign platform.

Oh, and successfully secured a majority govt!

Last edited:
M

member 1013

Yeah, I mean most of the overall pandemic handling can be laid at JT's feet, but I've been very hard on our provincial government for the last year.
There are lots of foreign born nurses and doctors* who are waiting for a Canadian provincial certification. We should have recruited and fast tracked them all to exams and then practice.

*do not ask me to back this up

M

member 1013

As long as you guys have your buck a beer sales though, right?
I remember visiting a site for a check up on a young project manager, there was a framing carpenter walking around this huge site yelling at all the crews joyously: “don’t forget to vote tomorrow and get your buck-a-beer!”

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
There are lots of foreign born nurses and doctors* who are waiting for a Canadian provincial certification. We should have recruited and fast tracked them all to exams and then practice.

*do not ask me to back this up
There are more Canadian doctors studying abroad than in Canada. Why you ask? Because we artificially throttle how many doctors we put through school here.