General Canadian Politics eh.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

BeardOfKnowledge @JakePaulsBeard
I've told the story here before. On the occasion I was in the most pain I've ever been in my life, I sat in the ER for 8 hours. Then got told "Our ultrasound tech is gone for the night, come back in 3 hours." More recently my mother went to the ER as there was an issue with her eye surgery. She sat in the ER for 5 hours before being told "We don't even have the equipment to look at your eye. You'll have to see your opthomologist on Monday." This is a systemic issue with our healthcare system that needs to be addressed, I blame both the provincial and federal governments for this, let's call it "retarded" mismanagement, but obivously I empathize with the work the staff has to do. I mean between the long shifts, the short staff, the shit equipment, and jason73 @jason73 SoupCan @SoupCan and me standing outside the hospitals yelling really over the line things about their families at them, it's got to be a tough job.

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I've told the story here before. On the occasion I was in the most pain I've ever been in my life, I sat in the ER for 8 hours. Then got told "Our ultrasound tech is gone for the night, come back in 3 hours." More recently my mother went to the ER as there was an issue with her eye surgery. She sat in the ER for 5 hours before being told "We don't even have the equipment to look at your eye. You'll have to see your opthomologist on Monday." This is a systemic issue with our healthcare system that needs to be addressed, I blame both the provincial and federal governments for this, let's call it "retarded" mismanagement, but obivously I empathize with the work the staff has to do. I mean between the long shifts, the short staff, the shit equipment, and jason73 @jason73 SoupCan @SoupCan and me standing outside the hospitals yelling really over the line things about their families at them, it's got to be a tough job.
Man people get right fucking sideways if you say that though. It's not a criticism of the workers themselves it's the system, it's fucking broken. Has been for as far back as I can remember, why the fuck is it so hard to find a family doctor? Why the fuck are nurses working 12 hour shifts?

Nurses, especially those dealing with people coming into the ER deserve to be compensated.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
B.C. will aid Alberta ‘where we can and when we can,’ but not offering ICU beds: Horgan
“We stand ready to assist where we can and when we can but we have to also maintain our ICU capacity at a level that will allow us to continue to have surgeries,” John Horgan said Friday.

“We’ve had to suspend some surgeries as a result of COVID cases in our ICUs.”

On Thursday, B.C. Health Minister Adrian Dix said B.C. would take Alberta patients in the future “if we can.”

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Conservative candidate dropped by party over Islamophobic tweets says she's still running as a Tory

Robinson said Friday she is refusing to give up the campaign, despite having lost the endorsement of Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole.

She said in an email to The Canadian Press: "I am still fighting as a candidate in this election."

"I am still the confirmed Conservative candidate for Beaches–East York. There are a lot of confused voters, and they need to know my values of being a rooted conservative have not changed," she said.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Entire B.C. school district to go into lockdown after vaccine protesters enter 3 schools
A school district in B.C.’s southern Interior says all schools in its zone will be in lockdown mode on Monday, after COVID-19 vaccine protesters entered three schools on Friday and served a “notice of liability.”

School District 83, which covers the North Okanagan and Shuswap regions, said protesters entered Ranchero Elementary, South Canoe Elementary and the Sullivan campus of Salmon Arm Secondary seeking to speak to the respective principals.

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Some of the polls I'm reading have the Libs infront, by a couple % most interesting is the NDP gaining some traction at like 20-22%

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Some of the polls I'm reading have the Libs infront, by a couple % most interesting is the NDP gaining some traction at like 20-22%
so the libs are still out front but the ndp is gaining votes. both cant be possiblle . i believe the ndp is gaining voters and the media is on the liberal party payroll

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
I'd love to move to an NDP Canada. Who are you all planning to vote for?
We have the full spectrum here from NDP to CPC to Independent… And then of course there are those scorn ex Trudeau lovers who claim they are voting CPC but it’s really just the liberal platform that entices them.

To the best of my knowledge, no one on here is stupid enough to vote for the PPC

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'd love to move to an NDP Canada. Who are you all planning to vote for?
there are plenty of places in canada that are run by the NDP provincially and pretty much every mayor of any significant city is progressive . give it a year or two and ontario willl be run by the NDP . you might like toronto best if you are from the east coast . vancouver is pretty nice and run by NDP provinvcially with a former NDPer as mayor