General Canadian Politics eh.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
What you saw was the “reinvented” Conservative party. The leader is definitely a “small c” conservative, and in an effort to lure voters in the Toronto suburbs he moved the party towards the center. He was doing well, handling the usual smears on regressive conservative tendencies, but he stumbled on gun control and earlier praise for two conservative premiers who royally fucked up their Corona response which scared off the moderates in the 905. As he moved to become a big tent party he pissed off the anti vax, social conservatives. It will be interesting to see how many people moved to PPC out of frustration with covid and how many are there for the long haul. To be honest, most of their voters aren’t really politically literate in any way.
He pretty much pissed on his own base

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
At your rugged Canadian insight bruddah. Did a shitty attempt at looking how your elections work and it seems to me like the Libs were always gonna win. The Cons suck pretty much and are pretty much Libs with a C. Jagmeet gonna Jagmeet and he has a decent looking wife. The Green Party bald black chick sucks and got smoked in her race. Also the PPC flew under the radar and now gets public funding and gets to debate and cost the Cons many seats because they're phony Conservatives and it was basically a win for real Conservatives...
Not bad.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
From the BBC:

Early voter turnout results indicate that just over 58% of Canadians cast a ballot. While that number could rise, it's lower than the last election, when 67% of eligible voters showed up.
I was surprised when I looked at our local numbers .the turn out was pretty low. I haven't looked since this morning but it looked like 15k people voted in Kelowna.

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I was surprised when I looked at our local numbers .the turn out was pretty low. I haven't looked since this morning but it looked like 15k people voted in Kelowna.
Your gonna be more surprised in 18 months when voter turn out is well below these numbers

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
ShatsBassoon @ShatsBassoon how did you know exactly when to get out?

We decided in January/February. Originally we were going to wait until 2023 when our mortgage was up for renewal, but we weren't sure what things would be like after COVID so we said fuck it and got the ball rolling.
Looks like we dodged a massive bullet.