General Canadian Politics eh.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
Per capita, I think we are doing a good job, well other than Alberta.

You have to remember, the population of Canada could fit in California.

Cut Alberta some slack. We have been carrying the 'have not' provinces since almost the inception of equalization payments. It wasn't long ago that BC was coming to us with cap in hand asking for cash. The rest of the country criticizes our dirty oil, won't use it or let us run a pipeline to get it to tidewater, yet still wants their cut of the profit every month.

'Let the eastern bastards freeze in the dark' Ralph Klein

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Servers will make bank at $15 per hour plus tips.
This is the end of tipping. Servers will likely make less money now. But they won't be able to hide their income either. How many servers put their tips on their income statements?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
^ I wonder if Trudeau called Trump on his cell phone?

But for real, it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall and listen in on these conversations.
It probably sounds a lot like 2 people completely over their heads for the positions they hold.

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
I remember when johnnyhendrixbeard was arguing for the Green Party to be allowed at the debates because they ran a candidate in every riding and ended up only winning a single seat. After he got frustrated trying to defend us flawed argument, he feigned offence over a harmless comment and blocked me.

I even pointed out that their ridiculous efforts to be included like arguing for the bloc to participate when they didn't want to (we were arguing whether the bloc or the greens had more credibility) Now suddenly their tactics are slimy. He's all over the place depending on what day you ask him!

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
He's all over the place depending on what day you ask him!
Not what day, what subject. You'll find that if you look at both sides of situations and base your outlook on all presented circumstances rather than just what you want to see that you not only don't find yourself falling under specific titles, but you also find yourself defending individuals or actions you don't personally agree with from time to time. Sometimes you find yourself siding with people who you completely hate, but that's the price of being objective and logical.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Remember when you talked about Trudeau smoothing over the wrong doings to the indigenous people Freeloading Rusty @MC Gusto ? Turns out they're going to great lengths (and using tax payer money) to make sure the mistreatment continues.

Charlie Angus Blasts Feds On Legal Fees For Child Welfare
The JT Liberals are showing more of their true colours, day by day.

I still would argue they have (or had) a much more Indigenous friendly platform than any other previous govt.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
The JT Liberals are showing more of their true colours, day by day.

I still would argue they have (or had) a much more Indigenous friendly platform than any other previous govt.
Like I said when we talked about it before with the inquiry into the highway. They came out of the gate like a house on fire. A year later the indigenous leaders in the area were asking why they were so quick to staff the committee but that a year later nothing had happened.

Like you said showing their true colors more day by day.

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
Not what day, what subject. You'll find that if you look at both sides of situations and base your outlook on all presented circumstances rather than just what you want to see that you not only don't find yourself falling under specific titles, but you also find yourself defending individuals or actions you don't personally agree with from time to time. Sometimes you find yourself siding with people who you completely hate, but that's the price of being objective and logical.
Yeah.
This is just your typical rhetoric with no substance behind it. You went as far as to claim that the Bloc never participated in the English debates, then when called on it you would just quickly move on with more platitudes like the response I am responding to right now. You are all sizzle, no steak. Here is 'your side' again for reference...

View: https://youtu.be/SOeKBMd1A70

To be honest, I prefer being the 'lone member of your very exclusive club'.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
The Libs are adding some beef to the military budget. Surprised to see them outspending the Conservatives in that area.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
The Libs are adding some beef to the military budget. Surprised to see them outspending the Conservatives in that area.
It's a bit of a boondoggle for a couple reasons. A lot of the Cons spending on military went basically unaccounted for under the "Shared Services Canada" umbrella. The Libs are also doing it to prevent criticism for fucking up the F18 replacement. This gives them an out to buy F35s like the rest of NATO is currently doing without publicly admitting the Conservatives were right to begin with.

Either way we don't spend enough on defense and the amount we do spend should be static and not fluctuating.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Go on....
On Tuesday night the speaker of the house was having some dinner party thing. The Liberals out of left field called a 7pm vote that night. Mr Trudeau was not in attendance for the votes as he was having dinner with his buddy Barack. That means he either called the after hours vote and then no showed or his party intentionally held a vote without him.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You know when people talk about "Deep State" Freeloading Rusty @MC Gusto ? It's because elected leaders say things like this:

"I am not shy about saying the use of force is sometimes necessary," Chrystia Freeland told Chris Hall, host of CBC Radio's The House.

"Of course it must be a last resort, but I really believe in this moment today — when, as I said in the [foreign policy] speech, there are many threats to the liberal international order — it is precisely the democracies, it is precisely the countries that stand for values and human rights that also need to be ready to say we are prepared to use hard power where necessary,"

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Anti-Muslim crimes in Canada up 60%, StatsCan reports
The number of police-reported hate crimes against Muslims jumped by 60 per cent in 2015 compared to the previous year, according to Statistics Canada.

New data released Tuesday show there were 159 anti-Muslim incidents reported to police that year, up from 99 the year before.

National Council of Canadian Muslims vice-chairman Khalid Elgazzar called 2015 a "difficult year" for Muslim Canadians, as two terrorist attacks in France inflamed anti-Muslim sentiment and former prime minister Stephen Harper made a woman's right to wear a veil at citizenship ceremonies a "central issue" of the election campaign.

"The Canadian Muslim community bore the brunt of sinister political rhetoric surrounding the federal election which painted Muslims as terrorists or terrorist sympathizers as well as being anti-women," he said during a news conference on Parliament Hill.

He stopped short of blaming the Conservative campaign for the rise in hate crimes, but said the campaign rhetoric was "a factor."

Elgazzar said many victims of hate crimes do not report to police because they are fearful of further victimization or don't think police will do anything.

He called on governments at all levels to boost funding for police investigations and data collection to better understand the scope of the problem.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Anti-Muslim crimes in Canada up 60%, StatsCan reports
The number of police-reported hate crimes against Muslims jumped by 60 per cent in 2015 compared to the previous year, according to Statistics Canada.

New data released Tuesday show there were 159 anti-Muslim incidents reported to police that year, up from 99 the year before.

National Council of Canadian Muslims vice-chairman Khalid Elgazzar called 2015 a "difficult year" for Muslim Canadians, as two terrorist attacks in France inflamed anti-Muslim sentiment and former prime minister Stephen Harper made a woman's right to wear a veil at citizenship ceremonies a "central issue" of the election campaign.

"The Canadian Muslim community bore the brunt of sinister political rhetoric surrounding the federal election which painted Muslims as terrorists or terrorist sympathizers as well as being anti-women," he said during a news conference on Parliament Hill.

He stopped short of blaming the Conservative campaign for the rise in hate crimes, but said the campaign rhetoric was "a factor."

Elgazzar said many victims of hate crimes do not report to police because they are fearful of further victimization or don't think police will do anything.

He called on governments at all levels to boost funding for police investigations and data collection to better understand the scope of the problem.
2 years ago called they want their news back.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Posted: Jun 13, 2017 9:17 AM ETLast Updated: Jun 13, 2017 7:17 PM ET
I didn't say you posted it late, but the stats themselves are out of date. That number could have dropped substantially in the past 2 years. I remember shortly after Trump was elected a synagogue, a predominantly black church and a mosque here was vandalized. Trump's influence was of course blamed. The news decided to speak to someone from the center for hate crimes (I don't remember their actual name) and asked why they thought there's been such a spike in hate crimes, a specifically Islamophobic ones. You could've heard a rat piss on cotton when the woman from the organization told her the numbers were down and that Jews are by far the most likely to be the victim of hate crimes.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Out dated and inaccurate data on who owns rifles... Seems like valuable information.
They were ordered by law to destroy and said that they had. There are other reports that they actually kept closer to half of the data (not just Quebec's)