General Canadian Politics eh.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Yea it’s bad when even the Red Star turns on you.
I was originally typing "You've done something bad when the Red Star starts to turn" but decided not to be so inflammatory. Like great minds, dog shit minds also think alike.

M

member 1013

Yea it’s bad when even the Red Star turns on you.
I was originally typing "You've done something bad when the Red Star starts to turn" but decided not to be so inflammatory. Like great minds, dog shit minds also think alike.
dimanno gives good takes sometimes. She absolutely took it to Trudeau in that piece. With their readership, it will probably fall on deaf ears doe.

M

member 1013

Waiting till tonight to read. Have to head to the dispensary first to get in the Canadian spirit.
Look up the following re: Justin Trudeau
Vice Admiral Norman
Irving Ship Building
SNC-LAVALIN
Jody Wilson-Raybould
Jane Philpott
Michael Wernick
Bombardier
TransCanada Pipeline
Sexual assault allegations at Music Festival

That should give you some interesting reading

Last edited by a moderator:

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I'm so sick of getting fucked by these assholes, I've been going to public restrooms and stealing toilet paper, packing lunch when I ride the ferry, I've even started walking which I hate to avoid having to pay for parking.

Take that you greedy cock gobbling fuckheads

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I'm so sick of getting fucked by these assholes, I've been going to public restrooms and stealing toilet paper, packing lunch when I ride the ferry, I've even started walking which I hate to avoid having to pay for parking.

Take that you greedy cock gobbling fuckheads
Didn't read the whole post but I think it's about getting fucked in the asshole by cock gobblers in public restrooms.

And stealing toilet paper.

M

member 1013

Look up the following re: Justin Trudeau
Vice Admiral Norman
Irving Ship Building
SNC-LAVALIN
Jody Wilson-Raybould
Jane Philpott
Michael Wernick
Bombardier
TransCanada Pipeline
Sexual assault allegations at Music Festival

That should give you some interesting reading
kneeblock @Kneeblock

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Kenney's election win prompts reactions from B.C., Quebec, Ontario leaders
Jason Kenney's election win has politicians across Canada reacting.

In his victory speech, Kenney appealed in French to Quebec to help Alberta get its oil to market, but Quebec Premier François Legault isn't playing.

Legault congratulated Kenney on Wednesday for his election win. But in the next breath, he told reporters in Quebec City his province is still not interested in a cross-country pipeline that could get oil from Alberta to ports on the East Coast.

"There is no social acceptability for a new oil pipeline in Quebec," said Legault, a day after Kenney's United Conservatives won a decisive majority of seats in the Alberta Legislature.

"It's important to remember that more than half of the oil we get in Quebec is coming from [the] west via the Enbridge pipeline."

He did express interest in a new pipeline to help get Alberta natural gas to Quebec City.

Kenney calls Legault's comments 'unfortunate'
Kenney said, speaking to media in Edmonton Wednesday, that Legault's comments were "unfortunate."

"We don't think it's reasonable for other provinces like Quebec to take our equalization money while opposing pipeline projects that can help us to pay the bills within the federation," he said.

"Having said that, I've always been clear that I want to start on a positive footing with Premier Legault and the government of Quebec …I am hopeful that we can find a way to work together."

TransCanada abandoned its Energy East pipeline project in 2017 following protests from Quebec and changes to federal environmental assessment rules.

Kenney said in his election night speech that new pipelines are needed to help ensure the prosperity of all Canadians, including people in Quebec.

He said if other provinces wish to benefit from Alberta's prosperity, "they must be partners with us in developing those resources and getting them to international markets."

Kenney generated headlines during the provincial election campaign by vowing to implement Bill 12, Alberta's so-called turn-off-the-taps legislation, within hours of being sworn in as premier.

He said he would ensure Vancouver would be carbon-free in 2020 as a result of limiting oil shipments to B.C's Lower Mainland as a response to that province's government blocking the expansion of the Trans Mountain pipeline.

B.C. Premier John Horgan said Wednesday he had a "cordial discussion" with Kenney by phone and congratulated him on his win.

"We had a positive conversation," he said. "My responsibility is to deal with whoever the people of any province put in place … I need to work with whoever wants to work with me."

Horgan said he looks forward to working together in the interests of both provinces and will see Kenney at the first ministers conference in the coming months.

Kenney said Wednesday he and Horgan have agreed to have a longer, in-person discussion on pipelines.

"I think Premier Horgan knows very well we are serious about defending our vital economic interests," Kenney said.

Kenney said his government will proclaim into law the so-called turn-off-the-taps legislation against B.C. on April 30.

In Ontario, Tory Premier Doug Ford welcomed Kenney's opposition to the federal carbon tax.

Ford stood in the Ontario Legislature Wednesday to congratulate Kenney, with the rest of the Tory caucus rising for a standing ovation.

"We see just a blue wave going across this country from west to east," Ford said. "We're building an anti-carbon tax alliance like this country has never seen."

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
'Eat it if you want to': Filipino President Duterte lashes out over Canadian cargo of trash

The president of the Philippines says that if Canada doesn't take back tonnes of trash within the next week, he will "declare war" and ship the containers back himself.

Filipino media outlets are reporting that Rodrigo Duterte made threats Tuesday about dozens of shipping containers filled with Canadian household and electronic garbage that has been rotting in a port near Manila for nearly six years.

More than 100 of the containers were shipped to Manila by a Canadian company in 2013 and 2014, improperly labelled as plastics for recycling. Customs inspectors discovered they actually contained garbage, including soiled adult diapers and kitchen trash.

"I'll give a warning to Canada maybe next week that they better pull that thing out or I will set sail," said Duterte in a video broadcast by RTVM, the media arm of the president's office.

"I will declare war against them. I will advise Canada that your garbage is on the way. Prepare a grand reception. Eat it if you want to."

"Your garbage is coming home."

Canada has been trying for nearly six years to convince the Philippines to dispose of the garbage there, even though a Filipino court ordered the trash returned to Canada in 2016.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau speaks with Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte during a photo at the ASEAN-Canada 40th commemorative session in Manila, Philippines, Tuesday, November 14, 2017. (Adrian Wyld/Canadian Press)
Last week, a British Columbia lawyer said in a legal brief that Canada is in violation of the international Basel Convention, which forbids developed nations from sending their toxic or hazardous waste to developing nations without informed consent.

A spokesperson for federal Environment and Climate Change Minister Catherine McKenna said Canada is looking into the issue.

"Canada is strongly committed to collaborating with the Philippines government to resolve this issue and is aware of the court decision ordering the importer to ship the material back to Canada," said Sabrina Kim in an email to CBC News.

"A joint technical working group, consisting of officials from both countries, is examining the full spectrum of issues related to the removal of the waste with a view to a timely resolution.

"In 2016, we amended our own regulations around hazardous waste shipments to prevent such events from happening again. We are committed to working collaboratively to ensure the material is processed in an environmentally responsible way."

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Shit eh... Crazy to see the Greens making gains out east.
PC minority, Green Opposition will be 'a new era in Island politics'
I've found the last 72 or so hours entertaining. The political media here were screaming from the mountain tops that they were going to take PEI. Now that they've underperformed their loss is being talked up more than the party that actually won.

I'm also finding it interesting that the stompings of the NDP and Liberal parties in recent provincial elections is being largely ignored.