General Canadian Politics eh.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Do you have a copy of said list?
The principal models being prohibited:
  • M16, AR-10, AR-15 rifles and M4 carbine
  • Ruger Mini-14 rifle
  • US Rifle M14
  • Vz58 rifle and CZ858 rifle
  • Robinson Armament XCR rifle
  • CZ Scorpion EVO 3 carbine and pistol
  • Beretta Cx4 Storm carbine
  • SIG Sauer SIG MCX and SIG Sauer SIG MPX carbines and pistols
  • Swiss Arms Classic Green and Four Seasons series rifles

More in this link

Canada Gazette, May 1, 2020 Part II

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
  • Ruger Mini-14 rifle
  • US Rifle M14

More in this link

It's a good thing they're finally addressing those mortars. Amirite?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
  • Ruger Mini-14 rifle
  • US Rifle M14

More in this link

I did not see the SKS on there. I highly recommend you go buy one.

Vitor29

Oct 24, 2015
Thank god, these rifles serve no other purpose than to kill as many people as quickly as possible, they're not for hunting.

Buuuut, if you're native you can keep the very rifle we just claimed has no use other than to kill people and isn't for hunting TO HUNT.

But these incredibly dangerous weapons have no place in our society... Unless you're native, then it's cool, bruh. Everyone else though, when you own these you are literally possessing evil implements of mass destruction.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
If memory serves you were mostly interested for hunting, no?
Yup. I have two rifles coming my way from family who don't use them so I'm good there for now. Been looking into shotguns as that'll be my first real purchase I think. I'll be getting my restricted but mixed emotions on owning a handgun. Some people I've chatted with say it really isn't worth the hassle and it would realistically be a show piece for the most part.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Thank god, these rifles serve no other purpose than to kill as many people as quickly as possible, they're not for hunting.

Buuuut, if you're native you can keep the very rifle we just claimed has no use other than to kill people and isn't for hunting TO HUNT.

But these incredibly dangerous weapons have no place in our society... Unless you're native, then it's cool, bruh. Everyone else though, when you own these you are literally possessing evil implements of mass destruction.
I've heard that from row other people now but haven't read about it myself. Is this for real? Natives don't have to comply?

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yup. I have two rifles coming my way from family who don't use them so I'm good there for now. Been looking into shotguns as that'll be my first real purchase I think. I'll be getting my restricted but mixed emotions on owning a handgun. Some people I've chatted with say it really isn't worth the hassle and it would realistically be a show piece for the most part.
You guys can't carry a pistol?

Vitor29

Oct 24, 2015
I've heard that from row other people now but haven't read about it myself. Is this for real? Natives don't have to comply?
Here it is:

More than 1K models of assault-style weapons now prohibited in Canada: PM Trudeau

"The justice minister said there will be an exception for Indigenous peoples exercising a hunting record under Section 35 of the Constitution Act, which recognizes Indigenous rights; as well as an exception for people who use one of the now-banned guns to hunt to feed themselves or their families, until they can acquire a “suitable replacement.’ "

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You guys can't carry a pistol?
Lol. I'm no expert but to the best of my knowledge of you own a handgun legally you have to have it locked up with ammo locked up seperate, can't deny home searches, if you take it to range you need to call RCMP (?) and tell them when, where and must go directly to range and back and some other things. If I'm correct then what's the sense? I would never keep a handgun loaded and ready in my house as a means for defense so I can't see much value unless I run into some extra money to burn.

I gotta question for you. I'm reading that Americans enjoy deer hunting with a 12 gauge, this sounds retarded to me. Wouldn't you need to be at least 70 yards and potentially damage the meat? Why would anyone choose a shotgun over a rifle when hunting deer?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Lol. I'm no expert but to the best of my knowledge of you own a handgun legally you have to have it locked up with ammo locked up seperate, can't deny home searches, if you take it to range you need to call RCMP (?) and tell them when, where and must go directly to range and back and some other things. If I'm correct then what's the sense? I would never keep a handgun loaded and ready in my house as a means for defense so I can't see much value unless I run into some extra money to burn.

I gotta question for you. I'm reading that 9 Americans enjoy deer hunting with a 12 gauge, this sounds retarded to me. Wouldn't you need to be at least 70 yards and potentially damage the meat? Why would anyone choose a shotgun over a rifle when hunting deer?
So depending on where you live there are different restrictions for hunting. 1 County over from me we can only use bows for deer hunting. Out on my father in laws farm you can only use pistols and slug guns (shotguns with a rifled barrel) to hunt deer because of the hunting zone his property is in. Other areas you can use what you like. It won't blow the deer apart if that's what you are thinking, but that really depends on your shot placement. When we are out at the farm I prefer to use a bolt action 20 gauge slug gun. Another thing to take into consideration when using a shotgun for deer is the bullets are going to be heavy as fuck, and move slow. My 12 gauge duck ammo is about 200 Fps faster than a 12 gauge slug, that's a huge difference.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
So depending on where you live there are different restrictions for hunting. 1 County over from me we can only use bows for deer hunting. Out on my father in laws farm you can only use pistols and slug guns (shotguns with a rifled barrel) to hunt deer because of the hunting zone his property is in. Other areas you can use what you like. It won't blow the deer apart if that's what you are thinking, but that really depends on your shot placement. When we are out at the farm I prefer to use a bolt action 20 gauge slug gun. Another thing to take into consideration when using a shotgun for deer is the bullets are going to be heavy as fuck, and move slow. My 12 gauge duck ammo is about 200 Fps faster than a 12 gauge slug, that's a huge difference.
Are you going to help vote JT out in the next election?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Depends how far you are from a range. I use mine pretty frequently but I can understand that there are people who wouldn't. Ultimately there's no downside to getting the license whether you use it or not.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
We should be seeing much more of this. Fuck the govt for just giving students and the unemployed cash during covid while we are bringing in foreign workers. Instead pay these kids to relocate short term to where the work is or to work on some sort of govt project.

View: https://youtu.be/sgAG2wgnJjo