General Canadian Politics eh.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
How popular do you think spec tax is in the okanagan and lower mainland?
Popular, not very.... but what your complaining about is being taxed heavily on a second home.

Rather than complain and most likely have my empathy on being taxed heavily on a single home, the home most likely lived in like the rest of us saps slugging through home ownership you choose to complain about being taxed heavily on a "vacation shop"

Edit: also "vacation" makes it sound like the house will be left empty during say 50 weeks out of the year because simpletons like myself only get 2 weeks of vacation time.

Come on man, Liberals have fucked up big time in this province how can anyone argue against that. It was theirs to lose and they lost it

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Popular, not very.... but what your complaining about is being taxed heavily on a second home.

Rather than complain and most likely have my empathy on being taxed heavily on a single home, the home most likely lived in like the rest of us saps slugging through home ownership you choose to complain about being taxed heavily on a "vacation shop"

Edit: also "vacation" makes it sound like the house will be left empty during say 50 weeks out of the year because simpletons like myself only get 2 weeks of vacation time.

Come on man, Liberals have fucked up big time in this province how can anyone argue against that. It was theirs to lose and they lost it
So when some blue collar guy works hard day in, day out to buy a cottage to enjoy during summer vacation with his family he then becomes some sort of high on the hog, fat cat?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Glad I got rid of mine then! ?

Except the liberals won the election fair and square and the only reason the ndp are in power is because of a coalition with the greens

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
So when some blue collar guy works hard day in, day out to buy a cottage to enjoy during summer vacation with his family he then becomes some sort of high on the hog, fat cat?
I dont really know of any blue collar people like that anymore, most are just trying to survive thier drowning debt. You can try and spin it and say these people aren't financially responsible or need to pull up their boot straps but its just the way our system is designed.

I hate this debate, this is my problem with goverment we aren't talking about how to make things better were stuck arguing what team should win.

M

member 1013

I dont really know of any blue collar people like that anymore, most are just trying to survive thier drowning debt. You can try and spin it and say these people aren't financially responsible or need to pull up their boot straps but its just the way our system is designed.

I hate this debate, this is my problem with goverment we aren't talking about how to make things better were stuck arguing what team should win.
My team

my team should win

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Except the liberals won the election fair and square and the only reason the ndp are in power is because of a coalition with the greens
Rainbow this all you want but christy clarke was declared premier on election night

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
What am I trying to spin? I work with a whole bunch of people who are like that.

We never will when our politicians come up with policy based on pitting groups against one another. This is a prime example.