General Candace Owens Horribly Burned

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I can't be the only one that's a little bit sad that the thread title wasn't literal, am I?

(Excuse me if that joke has already been made)

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Understand that there are literally MAGA hats that are older than Candace Owen's "conservative principles".

??

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Her background and political flip is very interesting reading. She was a hard anti-Trumper until she stayed a doxxing site to take on internet bullying. She, of course, was immediately doxxed herself, and blamed it on the GamerGate movement. She was immediately supported by the right-wing influencers (Milo, etc al) and saw the writing on the wall. She flipped immediately.

Nov 21, 2015
She's just a person with bad faith politics. I don't really expect much politically from other black folks. There's a large liberal segment, but an appreciable conservative segment. Also, liberal and conservative don't map onto black politics in the same way as they do for other groups. In simpler terms, not all skinfolk is kinfolk. But we could say that about anyone. I think she's well aware that her political value is derived from her being racialized and I guess she's shrewd to play that card, but so many of her takes are more tied to being an influencer rather than whatever she's supposed to technically be. She's more similar to Milo or Ben Shapiro than she is to most black conservatives. And she's also just not very good at having a cogent ideology.
"Not all skinfolk is kinfolk"