Society Car plows into antifa during white nationalist protest of statue being removed

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
M

member 3289

Any word on the extent of the injuries or if there were any deaths?

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
I don't feel sorry for any antifa scum blocking the road whenever they feel like it because they feel entitled to do so by some stupid ideology.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I was about to ride out there earlier just to see what was going on but it's getting crazy. Not worth that risk.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I don't feel sorry for any antifa scum blocking the road whenever they feel like it because they feel entitled to do so by some stupid ideology.

Antifa uses violence. Kkk and friends use violence.

This was bound to be violent. There were fist fights occuring from both sides since yesterday.

Block a road you might get run over. But this didn't seem like that. Seemed a car plowing forward until he smashed another. Then backing up in a hit and run. Not really someone fearing for their safety getting through a highway and accidentally hitting people or something that could reasonably happen if you are walking on an open roadway.

And I despise antifa.

M

member 3289

This was bound to be violent. There were fist fights occuring from both sides since yesterday.

Block a road you might get run over. But this didn't seem like that. Seemed a car plowing forward until he smashed another. Then backing up in a hit and run. Not really someone fearing for their safety getting through a highway and accidentally hitting people or something that could reasonably happen if you are walking on an open roadway.

And I despise antifa.
Yeah and antifa was outnumbered by a considerable margin by the white nationalists.

Considering the fact that most antif members are pussies, it understandably didn't end well for them.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015

And I despise antifa.
Thing is, kkk was not really a thing for many years now. I don't really know how it is in the us, but where I'm from kkk was considered a thing of the distant past. Antifa on the other hand has been causing problems all around the world for quite some time now. When you pull the rope too much to the left someone is going to pull it to the right.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Anti-Fascists ... The cute name for the group opposite the cute named Alt-Right.

The alt-right is fascinating.

It was just a white nationalist movement.

Then a new right started getting formed of American nationalists that wanted to reject the two predominant parties, but especially the social left that is seen as attempting thought control with free speech rejection and focus on global interests over America. They got labeled as alt-right that sounded like a cool name for this, mostly, internet rebellion. Most had no idea of the previous alt right that's been around for almost a decade. The alt right loved this new group because the media kept lumping them together. Richard Spencer would be a nobody without this association.

As it all grew, the America rah rah side (which has a bit of murica tongue and cheek to it, but also truly believes it) got labeled as the "alt-light" internally. They tried to remove the racist elements even having several public spats between alt light figure heads and alt right figure heads, but couldn't shed the connotations of alt right. So a few new labels were made and none stuck.

So now there's a civil war in these groups still going on. There's shared de facto support for the undesirables like Richard Spencers right to speak, as anything else is to reject free speech, and to reject the intelligence movement inside of the alt-light that demands libertarian level free thought and speech. But it all still empowers Spencer and his ilk through this shared history over the last 2 years. And with it, who knows how many crossovers you get by sharing the same articles and spheres without distinguishing which 'alt right' is meant. And in the end it might not matter, as negative connotations rarely recede. Spencer will probably keep enjoying the publicity while others wrestle for the loosely defined term.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The alt-right is fascinating.

It was just a white nationalist movement.

Then a new right started getting formed of American nationalists that wanted to reject the two predominant parties, but especially the social left that is seen as attempting thought control with free speech rejection and focus on global interests over America. They got labeled as alt-right that sounded like a cool name for this, mostly, internet rebellion. Most had no idea of the previous alt right that's been around for almost a decade. The alt right loved this new group because the media kept lumping them together. Richard Spencer would be a nobody without this association. As it all grew, the America rah rah side (which has a bit of murica tongue and cheek to it, but also truly believes it) got labeled as the "alt-light" internally. They tried to remove the racist elements even having several public spats between alt light figure heads and alt right figure heads, but couldn't shed the connotations of alt right. So a few new labels were made and none stuck. So now there's a civil war in these groups still going on. There's shared de facto support for the undesirables like Richard Spencers right to speak, as anything else is to reject free speech, and to reject the intelligence movement inside of the alt-light that demands libertarian level free thought and speech. But it all still empowers Spencer and his ilk through this shared history over the last 2 years. And with it, who knows how many crossovers you get by sharing the same articles and spheres without distinguishing which 'alt right' is meant. And in the end it might not matter, as negative connotations rarely recede. Spencer will probably keep enjoying the publicity while others wrestle for the loosely defined term.
I'll take a paragraph for 500 please

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
kkk was not really a thing for many years

See my other post. I actually agree. I'm rather disgusted at the platform David Duke has been provided when he represented a whopping voice of 1500/300million.

Richard Spencer is much smarter and is of the stormfront generation where he attempts to change his word usage. But still clearly supports a white only nation for the USA. He's more dangerous due to his intelligence, but again would be a nobody without giving his tiny fringe group a pedestal for shock value.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Thing is, kkk was not really a thing for many years now. I don't really know how it is in the us, but where I'm from kkk was considered a thing of the distant past. Antifa on the other hand has been causing problems all around the world for quite some time now. When you pull the rope too much to the left someone is going to pull it to the right.
Much quieter but still super active. I've witnessed at least 5 public rallies in Virginia and NC.

drjones

Banned
Apr 25, 2016
you dont know how it is in the US but you assume that it is more the fault of antifa anyway... that isnt how logic works.

but regardless, your personal opinion of the group shouldnt really have an effect on your reaction to this. for me - im against people ramming their vehicles into large crowds of people at high speed on purpose no matter what. (shouldnt be long before someone shows up to ask what if the crowd of people were all serial killers maaaaaaan?! what then?!)