Sci/Tech Car stereos

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It caps the bed, hence a cap.

A camper? The fuck is wrong with you people?
I'm simplifying it a bit. But that is the common parlance. Shortened up of "Camper Shell", which you will find is an appropriate name.

If someone called it a topper it wouldn't surprise me. Canopy? Would take some context clues.

Then again, all your sodas are Coke when you are driving to buy a camper for your truck bed.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I'm simplifying it a bit. But that is the common parlance. Shortened up of "Camper Shell", which you will find is an appropriate name.

If someone called it a topper it wouldn't surprise me. Canopy? Would take some context clues.

Then again, all your sodas are Coke when you are driving to buy a camper for your truck bed.
Yeah, canopy is out to lunch. I honestly have no idea why anyone would call them anything but a cap.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Here's the thing. Those blind spots are largely imagined, and the amount of pedestrians killed by cars is, well, it's just not that many.
My number one blind spot is between the windshield and my passenger side window. I have an eye muscle disorder and have to be cautious because that’s the side I have issues with.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Looking to buy a new head unit for the Subie, anybody have a recommendation? Needs to be a double din that can support a rearview camera. As of now I'm looking at this one.

7" Mech-Less Receiver with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto | iLX-W650

My last unit had Android auto which was a pretty good feature. Not sure if that's considered the new standard now or not.
Just a heads up. If it doesn’t have a CD player, you’re going to have to digitize all your Barenaked Ladies CDs.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
A camper is a self-driving vehicle used for camping that's smaller than an RV but larger than a trailer (which is towed by a car)
True that's also a camper.

But a "truck with a camper(on it)" is a truck with a camper shell. We just don't say shell.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
2 pages and no one has called OP a fag or lesbo for driving a Subaru and calling it a subie. This place is getting soft