General Cardi B: corona virus

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
more harm than good? evidence?

because I've posted a bunch of evidence to the contrary. You're letting the Perfect stand in the path of the Good.
We're never going to agree on this, but here's a question...

Do more people catch the virus from droplets or from common area touching? It's my belief it's from common area touching - but I've done zero research on it.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

Do more people catch the virus from droplets or from common area touching? It's my belief it's from common area touching - but I've done zero research on it.
contact, which could be touching common surfaces or getting a cough/sneeze in your direction.
aerosol is from breathing.

Masks keep asymptomatic people from spreading, and limit exposure. I'm still waiting on any evidence beyond your 'gut feeling' that wearing masks would make things worse. If you're really worried about people getting used to masks, give the guidance that they should disinfect their house and wear a mask at home for 3 days.

But telling people they don't need masks is motivated by the self-interest of the people who didn't stockpile enough masks.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
contact, which could be touching common surfaces or getting a cough/sneeze in your direction.
aerosol is from breathing.

Masks keep asymptomatic people from spreading, and limit exposure. I'm still waiting on any evidence beyond your 'gut feeling' that wearing masks would make things worse. If you're really worried about people getting used to masks, give the guidance that they should disinfect their house and wear a mask at home for 3 days.

But telling people they don't need masks is motivated by the self-interest of the people who didn't stockpile enough masks.
Well, if it's spread by contact my vote would be to limit contact as much as possible.
One way to do that would be to not put something on your face that you aren't used to.

It's more than a "gut feel" - I've heard doctors say the same thing. They are largely unnecessary unless you are in close proximity of a sneezing, coughing infected person.

Sick people should wear them so they don't sneeze/cough on people. Healthy people should not.

And I have masks available due to needing them for previous woodworking jobs. I'm still not putting one on.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

I read a paper from the head of disease control (or something like that) in one of the Asian countries and he stated that something like 98% of known cases are from droplets and the 3 ways people are being exposed is by 1) Someone coughing, sneezing, laughing,... and there droplets touching a your mucous membranes.
2) people shaking hands with droplets on them then touching a mucous membrane.
3) Surfaces with droplets on them. It can last on surfaces from hours til days depending on what the surface is made of and other conditions.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Well, if it's spread by contact my vote would be to limit contact as much as possible.
One way to do that would be to not put something on your face that you aren't used to.

It's more than a "gut feel" - I've heard doctors say the same thing. They are largely unnecessary unless you are in close proximity of a sneezing, coughing infected person.

Sick people should wear them so they don't sneeze/cough on people. Healthy people should not.

And I have masks available due to needing them for previous woodworking jobs. I'm still not putting one on.
the plural of 'Anecdote' is not Fact. People are at least, if not more, infectious before they show symptoms.
What's worse, fidgeting with something on your face for a couple days, or walking around unprotected with asymptomatic people everywhere?

under what circumstances would you #MaskTheFuckUp?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
posted a bunch.

look in to it.
I did, the studies you posted were flawed which was mentioned to you. I'm sure that we all understand that the plural of "anecdote isnt fact", but anecdotes aren't completely meaningless either, particularly when the facts are dubious. I think you're also kind of ignoring what the reality of this situation is and what has to happen for society to move on.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
under what circumstances would you #MaskTheFuckUp?
If I was a doctor treating people who were sneezing/coughing all over me.
If I was in a situation where it was difficult to not be comfortably distanced from other people and those people were sneezing/coughing.

Otherwise, I'm just going to focus on keeping my hands clean and to keep them away from my face.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I did, the studies you posted were flawed which was mentioned to you. I'm sure that we all understand that the plural of "anecdote isnt fact", but anecdotes aren't completely meaningless either, particularly when the facts are dubious. I think you're also kind of ignoring what the reality of this situation is and what has to happen for society to move on.
each of those studies disproved that the wearing masks would make sickness worse.
There has never been a study that showed that wearing masks makes the spread of disease or the severity of disease worse.

post one.

what is the reality of the situation, and what needs to happen for society to move on?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
If I was a doctor treating people who were sneezing/coughing all over me.
If I was in a situation where it was difficult to not be comfortably distanced from other people and those people were sneezing/coughing.

Otherwise, I'm just going to focus on keeping my hands clean and to keep them away from my face.
what will you do if the CDC changes their guidance and advises people to mask up, healthy or not, whenever they leave their home?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
They won't. Because it's a horrible idea.

But if they do, I guess I'm going to jail.
it's not legally binding, it's just guidance.
You're strictly adhering to their current guidance and reasoning, what if that changes?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
each of those studies disproved that the wearing masks would make sickness worse.
There has never been a study that showed that wearing masks makes the spread of disease or the severity of disease worse.
They also didn't prove that they would significantly decrease risk, which is kind of the point if you're using a finite supply of something. The one I'm thinking of also had absolute dog shit controls and couldn't possibly be taken seriously.

what is the reality of the situation, and what needs to happen for society to move on?
There's no cure coming down the pipe, so herd immunity needs to be established. If everyone is doing everything they can to not get sick, we'll never get there. The goal should be to protect the most vulnerable as best as possible and then do our best to not be completely careless about how we get it and overwhelm the medical system. But any healthy adult who thinks they're going to avoid getting this is dreaming in technicolor.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
How the fuck has a thread about this beautiful lady descended into this madness?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
They also didn't prove that they would significantly decrease risk, which is kind of the point if you're using a finite supply of something. The one I'm thinking of also had absolute dog shit controls and couldn't possibly be taken seriously.

There's no cure coming down the pipe, so herd immunity needs to be established. If everyone is doing everything they can to not get sick, we'll never get there. The goal should be to protect the most vulnerable as best as possible and then do our best to not be completely careless about how we get it and overwhelm the medical system. But any healthy adult who thinks they're going to avoid getting this is dreaming in technicolor.
there's not a finite supply of sewing machines, cotton, or elastic.
there's not a finite supply of bandanas.
etc,

#MaskTheFuckUp
or
#StayTheFuckHome

and the idea is not avoid getting it, it's to not be part of the learning curve and to not contribute to the hospital loading.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
if all of humanity is at or below the Cardi B standard, we're well and truly fucked anyway.

It's an adaptation thing. And she only has to touch her unprotected face once to contract the disease.
#MaskTheFuckUp
I WOULD TOUCH HER FACE WITH MY P P

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Then I won't be.

I won't put my health at risk because of gov't bureaucracy.
but you can't point to any actual evidence that what you're saying is true...you heard it from doctors, who are repeating what the CDC said.

but if the CDC (and I assume those doctors) change their tune and align with science and example, you're going to keep doing the same thing.

do you know why you do what you do?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You have that backwards.
we're not going to run out of elastic and cotton before we get mask manufacturing in full swing.

what I said is correct. In theory, there's a finite amount of those resources.
but we're never going to hit that limit.