Carla Esparza starts campaign calling for #ufcatomweight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015
I'd love to see a 105 division. They should have made that before 145 imo. There's a ton of talent outside the UFC and fighters like Penne, Souza & Waterson would be trouble for a lot of the atomweights out there

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Woman fighters I can name

Ronda

Holly

Cyborg

Carla espa

Joanna

Shevchenko

Roxy

Rowdy Bec

Nunes

Rosie Sexton

Because Rawlings

Shayna

Marlo's coenen

Bethe correieiro

Pvz

Waterson

That Japanese chick that dresses up for risquee photos who disappeared now I think about it

Joanne calderwood

Valerie something

And you want 5 divisions for these women?

Oh Gabi Garcia too

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fuck that. They have a show for women to make a name. It's called Invicta. Don't need to be clogging up the UFC with that shit unless it's top drawer imo.

The talent isn't there to flesh out two divisions and keep people interested. Let alone 5.

And I care about that when it affects the quality of ppv cards

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015

Ronda

Holly

Cyborg

Carla espa

Joanna

Shevchenko

Roxy

Rowdy Bec

Nunes

Rosie Sexton

Because Rawlings

Shayna

Marlo's coenen

Bethe correieiro

Pvz

Waterson

That Japanese chick that dresses up for risquee photos who disappeared now I think about it

Joanne calderwood

Valerie something

Oh Gabi Garcia too
No I don't want 5 divisions for the handful of women fighters you know (a bunch of which are retired). You want 3 divisions for:

Stipe

DC

Blaydes

Jones

Gus

See how that's reductive and a poor argument?

I want 4 divisions (there's 5 relevant featherweights 3 of which aren't in the UFC) because there is high level atomweight talent.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
No I don't want 5 divisions for the handful of women fighters you know (a bunch of which are retired). You want 3 divisions for:

Stipe

DC

Blaydes

Jones

Gus

See how that's reductive and a poor argument?

I want 4 divisions (there's 5 relevant featherweights 3 of which aren't in the UFC) because there is high level atomweight talent.
They have a 105 division in Invicta which I don't watch. Why should I be flooded by it invading main card spots?

I actually think splitting the he division would be shit. If they did it at 230 the fights below would be good but the fights above would be a bit more lumbering. It would make a few of the existing hw get in better shape to make 230 tho.

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
They have a 105 division in Invicta which I don't watch. Why should I be flooded by it invading main card spots?

I actually think splitting the he division would be shit. If they did it at 230 the fights below would be good but the fights above would be a bit more lumbering. It would make a few of the existing hw get in better shape to make 230 tho.
I guess I don't care who is on the main card and who isn't *shrug*. Ever since Endeavor took over and Sage & PVZ were signed main card spots are basically just showcases for attractive people anyway

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I guess I don't care who is on the main card and who isn't *shrug*. Ever since Endeavor took over and Sage & PVZ were signed main card spots are basically just showcases for attractive people anyway
Attractive people other than those handsome devil's you just mentioned? Like who?

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
Attractive people other than those handsome devil's you just mentioned? Like who?
Those are the most egregious examples. PVZ is 3-3 since her debut and every one of those fights was on the main card. Sage has been on the main card every fight since his debut except the 2 following his losses. Neither of which should have been on a main card to this day. Main card spots don't really mean shit as far as I can tell

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Those are the most egregious examples. PVZ is 3-3 since her debut and every one of those fights was on the main card. Sage has been on the main card every fight since his debut except the 2 following his losses. Neither of which should have been on a main card to this day. Main card spots don't really mean shit as far as I can tell
Yet if they make a 105 division they will force it onto the main card to promote it. Probably even headline or co-main for title fights.

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
Yet if they make a 105 division they will force it onto the main card to promote it. Probably even headline or co-main for title fights.
They aren't going to headline a card. I'd rather see Livia Renata Souza vs Esparza at atomweight than 90% of fights at middleweight or above tbh

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
Then I don't know what to say. I presume you watch a lot of Invicta?
Yup been a big fan of it for a while now. I also watch a ton of prelims and regional shows we probably just have super different preferences when it comes to the types of fights we enjoy

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yup been a big fan of it for a while now. I also watch a ton of prelims and regional shows we probably just have super different preferences when it comes to the types of fights we enjoy
Oh I enjoy good fights regardless and often watch the prelims. I think ppv is sacred and the punter should get value for money. That's why it pisses me off if we get fights on the prelims that are dope followed by no name fights that wind up being shite on a main card because the UFC is trying to push a division

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
Oh I enjoy good fights regardless and often watch the prelims. I think ppv is sacred and the punter should get value for money. That's why it pisses me off if we get fights on the prelims that are dope followed by no name fights that wind up being shite on a main card because the UFC is trying to push a division
That's fair I could see that for sure. I guess I just gave up any hope of Endeavor/the bald one putting the fights on the main card that deserve to be there.

Severianb

Posting Machine
Aug 5, 2015
Only if people watch.

I don't get it, guys. What's so hard to understand? For this sport to make money and survive, it needs people watching.

Skill, Personality and Attractiveness are all part of it. DJ and Stipe are perfect examples of Skill not being everything. Paige vs. Waterson drew more viewers than those two could ever dream of.

It's when you get a combo of skill and the other things that real money starts being made. See Conor and Rousey.

If the UFC thinks Waterson could be the 105lb champ, they will make the division, because she would make them a shitload of money.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017

Ronda

Holly

Cyborg

Carla espa

Joanna

Shevchenko

Roxy

Rowdy Bec

Nunes

Rosie Sexton

Because Rawlings

Shayna

Marlo's coenen

Bethe correieiro

Pvz

Waterson

Joanne calderwood

Valerie something

Oh Gabi Garcia too
lol fun post. like the bit about the risque Japanese chick, who come to think of it has fucked off now

Dim

Aug 3, 2017
Ive already done this topic to death, but in short, Carla is better off getting her UFC release (or just lose another fight and get cut), shes nowhere near a title shot and they clearly want her to lose hence why they keep feeding her to their golden girls (moroz, calvillo, saurez).. anyway, get her release and go out to Asia.

Get herself some fights against Ham, Assakura, hell even up and comers like Kubota, in areas where they have a good following, and in organisations that wont fuck up the division like the UFC would. she could make herself some decent money in Asia and win a belt or two.

UFC's last two womens divisions to open, one doesnt have a champion after nearly a year, and the other has a champion but no contenders. Why would all the top asian fighters (who are responsible for the bulk of the 105 ranked fighters) want to come to the UFC, have Sean Shelby fuck up their matchups, and only fight once a year? And why any fan of the womens sport wants to give the UFC the opportunity to screw up yet another division I dont know..

Im kinda over Carla to be honest, first all the other girls are doping, now they are all just bigger than her.

Dim

Aug 3, 2017
Then I don't know what to say. I presume you watch a lot of Invicta?
I love the womens side of the sport, but I would rather watch ONE on Fite than watch Invicta at the moment.

Favourable matchups for their favourites, absymal refereeing standards that are screwing fighters, and even worse judging.

If its not favourable matchmaking, its referees not stopping fights when a fighter is unconscious and dont even get me started on the judging decision that saw Jin Yu crowned champion. That was bordering on obvious corruption. Theres no way on gods earth that Grusander didnt win that fight.

Im still not sure how she had world t-champion tshirts made and was able to keep a straight face while wearing one :D