Carla got Menne'd

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Her cardio has always been suspect...I wonder if Felice is gonna be eating a 1000 dollar Sunday with her today?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Her cardio has always been suspect...I wonder if Felice is gonna be eating a 1000 dollar Sunday with her today?
She didn't gas so visibly against Rose. I guess it was a combination of getting repeatedly stuffed, while lit up on the feet. She may have been looking for a way out from before this, as the telegraphed takedowns and how brutally they were stuffed, must have been a big hit to the confidence.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
She didn't gas so visibly against Rose. I guess it was a combination of getting repeatedly stuffed, while lit up on the feet. She may have been looking for a way out from before this, as the telegraphed takedowns and how brutally they were stuffed, must have been a big hit to the confidence.
Yeah, she expended a ton of energy attempting those takedowns...and getting beaten up like she was, had to take a lot out of her as well. I bet Rose is kicking herself for not drilling her TDD more before fighting Esparza, because that fight probably would have looked a lot like last night's if she did.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I agree with IWEI. I always love to see fights like that where a high level wrestler gets shut down and beat up on the feet. Her style is close to Chuck, Crocop or JDS as far as great TDD and picking the right shots at the right time to make an exciting fight and get the finish, hope she keeps doing her thing for a long time.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
This is what I like to see. For me this proves that TUF is not the way to pick a champ.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
She puked on the show after 2 rounds...you're right she was getting stuffed repeatedly tired her out...But she could learn a thing from RDA on mixing her striking with hetr wrestling..he has smooth transitions to take downs...the whole patty cake shit with Felice made me sick..new champ Is an animal...

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
She puked on the show after 2 rounds...you're right she was getting stuffed repeatedly tired her out...But she could learn a thing from RDA on mixing her striking with hetr wrestling..he has smooth transitions to take downs...the whole patty cake shit with Felice made me sick..new champ Is an animal...
Honestly, I didn't watch the show and only watched the finals. It is very possible you are right, it is much easier to look like a cardio machine when you are the hammer, but the real test is when you are the nail.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Honestly, I didn't watch the show and only watched the finals. It is very possible you are right, it is much easier to look like a cardio machine when you are the hammer, but the real test is when you are the nail.
Love the new name lol

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Don't want to sound like a cynic but Carla got schooled...can see her taking more of a gatekeeper role going forward

B17

Mar 15, 2015
This is what I like to see. For me this proves that TUF is not the way to pick a champ.
They had to start somewhere. I thought Carla looked good, all things considered. She was much smaller than JJ. It also looked to be that JJ is deceptively strong. Over the next 12-18 months, I think WMMA will have begun to hit its stride in the UFC in all their weight classes.

B17

Mar 15, 2015
Don't want to sound like a cynic but Carla got schooled...can see her taking more of a gatekeeper role going forward
You could be right. It could also be, in the same train of thought I posted above, that we all just don't really know who is who yet, and who is capable of what. My gut tells me that Esparza will learn from this and come back stronger.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You could be right. It could also be, in the same train of thought I posted above, that we all just don't really know who is who yet, and who is capable of what. My gut tells me that Esparza will learn from this and come back stronger.
She takes her striking to the next level and she'll be right there in the mix again for sure. Just gotta tighten up the stand-up.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
It almost seemed to me like Carla had the UFC jitters. I know this was her 2nd fight but first in front of more than 3 or 4 thousand. Joanna had 2 previous fights on big fox cards in big arenas. It must do something to you too walk out to 18,000 people when 4,000 was the most ever before.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It almost seemed to me like Carla had the UFC jitters. I know this was her 2nd fight but first in front of more than 3 or 4 thousand. Joanna had 2 previous fights on big fox cards in big arenas. It must do something to you too walk out to 18,000 people when 4,000 was the most ever before.
I also think Joanna really got in Carla's head during the week, talking massive shit, getting in her face, etc. Carla was rattled in the Embedded episode 5.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
She takes her striking to the next level and she'll be right there in the mix again for sure. Just gotta tighten up the stand-up.
This is being too lenient. She has little to no stand up, it would be, quite honestly, starting from almost scratch. It will take years before she can compete with Joanna on the feet, if she ever can.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This is being too lenient. She has little to no stand up, it would be, quite honestly, starting from almost scratch. It will take years before she can compete with Joanna on the feet, if she ever can.
Well, I didnt wanna be too harsh lol. But yes, you are correct.