'Cartoon Character' personalities vs Respectful Fighters

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

PhoenixFire

Dec 13, 2015
I think I'll throw this open for debate.

Candidate #1 - Ronda Rousey
Credentials, Dana White once declared, "No women in UFC" before she started competing (Strikeforce etc). Won SF title from Meisha Tate and was effectively gifted UFC female bantamweight title straightaway. Defended this from Liz Carmouche, Bethe Correia, Cat Zingano etc in less than a minute (mostly). Was presented at open workout by Dana White (with Mike Tyson in attendance) as a Olympic Level Judoka turned World Class Striker.

(Current) reign ended by Preacher's "Fake Bitch" Daughter Holly Holm fairly decisively.

It seems that the rematch is on for July (maybe) and it could be argued that Rousey deserves this on merit for getting female MMA into the UFC. As for her on-screen personality though, this is a person that, at her weigh-in with Holm, acted in a confrontational manner and got mad when she didn't like the way things turned out.

Having said that they key phrase might be "acted", I've seen talk show interviews when she seems to be a different person to that who refused to shake hands post-fight with Tate, didn't touch gloves pre-fight with Holm etc...

Candidate #2 - Connor McGregor

I'll keep it brief, am I the only one here more impressed with his wins over Aldo and Mendes than anything he came out with at the press conferences?