Cat Zingano vs Julianna Pena set for UFC 200

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015

Dave Meltzer of MMA Fighting is reporting that a women’s bantamweight bout between Cat Zingano and Julianna Pena is in the works for UFC 200.

UFC 200: Diaz vs. McGregor 2 will be held on July 9, 2016 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Zingano (9-1 MMA) is coming off her first loss in her career to then champion Ronda Rousey at UFC 184 in February, 2015. Prior to the loss, Zingano defeated Amanda Nunes and current champion Miesha Tate, both via third round TKO.

Pena (7-2 MMA) is riding a two fight winning streak since winning the Ultimate Fighter season 18 by TKO’ing Jessica Rakoczy in the finale. A performance of the night win over Milana Dudieva was followed up with a unanimous decision win over top contender Jessica Eye at UFC 192.

LINK: Report – Cat Zingano vs. Julianna Pena in the works for UFC 200 – MMA Mad

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: I read about it

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
That's a fun fight and it makes sense, but Zingano shouldn't have gotten us so buttered up to hear her opponent. Haha I feel like I would be way more excited if she didn't tease the fight of the century.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
That's a fun fight and it makes sense, but Zingano shouldn't have gotten us so buttered up to hear her opponent. Haha I feel like I would be way more excited if she didn't tease the fight of the century.
Exactly.

I really like this fight for both of them but after the build up it seems disappointing.

PeteyParker

Posting Machina
Feb 8, 2016
so is Reddit 100% legit?? never dabbled in it tbh.

I don't see how Pena wins this.

Last edited:

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
so is Reddit 100% legit?? never dabbled in it tbh.

I don't see how Pena wins this.
r/mma is alright. I don't post there but it's on my feed in an app i use. It's pretty UFC biased imo. And there's always more trolls on reddit because it's so easy to make an account.

I've also got Cat in this one

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Kinda disappointed. Was hoping it would be Holly.
Cat/Pena makes more sense though because both need to position themselves as possible title contenders. Cat has been out over a year as well and Holly is a tough stylistic match up for her.

Holly should fight Nunes for the No.1 contender spot. Both are good strikers with good movement. If Nunes's cardio can hold up this could be a war.

Ronda/Miesha is obvious. It's the biggest money fight for several reasons.

PeteyParker

Posting Machina
Feb 8, 2016
Fun fight. Nice arses too.
Arses: the unstressed syllable of a metrical foot.To the Greeks, the two terms designated the raising and lowering of the foot in walking.

Honestly I've never looked at their walking, your weird dude :)

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Isn't Pena the one who got in trouble recently, kicking dudes in the balls in a bar fight and getting arrested and all that?