Society CBD = 21st Century Snake Oil

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Yeah but Rogan told me it's awesome
Along with DMT, onnit and you know, smoking weed, edibles before floating tanks.
We could all be like Joe

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
storytime bros. I'm here to drop some truth on the reality of the world. I've been a distributor of cancer and lies for years. My heart was right but the money was too good to NOT secretly sneak autism into your children.

When I went to med School the first three classes were on how to persuade patients that they don't need these natural cures because I never be able to pay my med school debt if they knew about CBD and lavender, but rather I was to push my expensive drugs that that helps sponsor me by some guy known as "big farmer".
I lived with a pharmaceutical blond girl rep (we owned a house on basically her salary alone) and this is fact.
Hired her to sell to Zhivago’s and she admitted she had great success, beleedat

Maybe she gave happy endings but she made a ton of money and I was living in a 3 floor house with a full gym I set up in the basement and spent fuck all of my own money

Truf innnnniiiiittttt

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Yeah but Rogan told me it's awesome
Along with DMT, onnit and you know, smoking weed, edibles before floating tanks.
We could all be like Joe
To be fair, DMT is awesome, smoking weed is alright in moderation, onnit stuff is ok but you can buy that stuff anywhere and save a few pennies on the label. Float tanks are cool but not worth 50 bucks every time you want take a bath in brine water.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
storytime bros. I'm here to drop some truth on the reality of the world. I've been a distributor of cancer and lies for years. My heart was right but the money was too good to NOT secretly sneak autism into your children.

When I went to med School the first three classes were on how to persuade patients that they don't need these natural cures because I never be able to pay my med school debt if they knew about CBD and lavender, but rather I was to push my expensive drugs that that helps sponsor me by some guy known as "big farmer".

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken Onetrickpony @Onetrickpony did you guys see any benefits from your CBD pens?
I ended up using the tinctures. They are CBD suspended in coconut oil that you put under your tongue. I can’t speak to the other health claims but I use it as stress relief and a relaxant and it works great. You definitely feel it, and it is a nice calm. If I use more than the recommended dose I almost get a low buzz feeling similar to the body buzz you get from edibles.
As far as acting in place of medical marijuana, I can see how it would be a benefit to people with illness. It is a definite sleep aid, and an appetite stimulant. When I have used a high dose I have gotten the “munchies” from it.
I’ve tried the pills and vapes and I didn’t get the same results as with the oil, but that could be a dosage thing. I’ve found the tincture to be the most cost effective way to get the results I want.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
have you tried any cbd products when you needed it?
It works...It has positive effects

Pay no mind to shit stirrer...just stirring the shit

Whether it does all his graphic states his certainly up for debate...needs more research and studies

M

member 3289

I can’t speak to the other health claims but I use it as stress relief and a relaxant and it works great.

When I have used a high dose I have gotten the “munchies” from it.
Placebo effect. None of this was caused by CBD.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I lived with a pharmaceutical blond girl rep (we owned a house on basically her salary alone) and this is fact.
Hired her to sell to Zhivago’s and she admitted she had great success, beleedat

Maybe she gave happy endings but she made a ton of money and I was living in a 3 floor house with a full gym I set up in the basement and spent fuck all of my own money

Truf innnnniiiiittttt
An actual gif of Robbie Hart @Ricky Bobby at that house...

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I've always been curious. How does the scientific community explain the placebo effect?
Placebos usually point to weaknesses in experimental methodology. So it's possible people were primed by the experimental condition to show an effect. Sometimes it's attributable to psychological or physiological dispositions among the subjects, which is one reason why you have a confidence interval to show the degree of uncertainty in your finding. Generally if the finding is significant, it will be a certain percentage above the average finding of the placebo, which is what it means for a placebo to act as a control. Not sure if that's clear.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
We have a 99 year old. His knees are bone on bone so not much you can do. His GF says if he takes a little too much he gets a little goofy but it doesn’t help at all with the knee pain.

Down here you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get it also. I’m not convinced.
check out 99 yr old hugh hefner ova heah with his nubile 98 year old GF.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Placebos usually point to weaknesses in experimental methodology. So it's possible people were primed by the experimental condition to show an effect. Sometimes it's attributable to psychological or physiological dispositions among the subjects, which is one reason why you have a confidence interval to show the degree of uncertainty in your finding. Generally if the finding is significant, it will be a certain percentage above the average finding of the placebo, which is what it means for a placebo to act as a control. Not sure if that's clear.
It is clear, but that's not necessarily the sense in which I was referencing. When someone has real world results from using something that isn't supported by data it's dismissed as "placebo effect" which completely ignores that there were real world results. The idea of the placebo effect is that the human mind is so strong that it can convince the body that it's healed.

So although @conor mcgregor nut hugger might not realize it, he says "It's not CBD, it's placebo effect." what he's actually saying is "It's not CBD, it's magic." As if magic should somehow be a more scientifically plausible explanation.

M

member 3289

It is clear, but that's not necessarily the sense in which I was referencing. When someone has real world results from using something that isn't supported by data it's dismissed as "placebo effect" which completely ignores that there were real world results. The idea of the placebo effect is that the human mind is so strong that it can convince the body that it's healed.

So although @conor mcgregor nut hugger might not realize it, he says "It's not CBD, it's placebo effect." what he's actually saying is "It's not CBD, it's magic." As if magic should somehow be a more scientifically plausible explanation.
Placebos are sugar pills, goof.

I imagine they're more effective than CBD.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

The problem is the idea of "real world results." It depends how those results were collected, which is why I say usually it signals a flaw in the experimental condition. Results can be collected via self reports, which are notoriously fraught. Surveys, focus groups, etc where you ask people what happened when they took a drug are one way people get results. Another way is measuring something, e.g. presence of cancerous cells, blood count, or whatever. In the event of the latter, there is a always a chance someone can get better from or show improvement with an illness for inexplicable reasons. Usually, you'd try to control the list of possible explanations in your placebo group by making sure they weren't doing anything but taking your fake drug, but that's fairly unrealistic and not the way many people behave. There may be some other behavior or treatment they're undertaking that helped, or whatever was wrong could have simply cleared up. In your actual test group, you're likely to also have these results, which is why significant effects are measured against the population as well as the placebo. In other words, if 10% of people get well over time naturally from illness X whether on drug or placebo, you need a finding that suggests say 20% got better on the drug.

So it's not that the placebo is doing anything (often it's just a sugar pill), it's that it serves as a measure of how normal life might promote healing in ways a drug doesn't. Some studies show people doing better on the placebo than the drug, from which you can sometimes infer a negative effect.