Society CBD = 21st Century Snake Oil

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Victor John

Lurker
Dec 17, 2018
CBD is well known for its medicinal properties. It’s known to help with stress, depression, anxiety, degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, and even cancer. Vaping CBD oil is one great way to reap all the benefits of CBD due to its fast-acting effect and high bio-availability.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
CBD is well known for its medicinal properties. It’s known to help with stress, depression, anxiety, degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, and even cancer. Vaping CBD oil is one great way to reap all the benefits of CBD due to its fast-acting effect and high bio-availability.
What’s the answer to the question of life, the universe, and evelything?

M

member 3289

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I took it for a while as an add-on to some things I was already doing for anxiety-depression. I took a variety of brands and delivery methods (tinctures, capsules) for over a year. I do feel like there was some benefit, but that may have been the placebo effect. The most notable impact (which I don't think could be attributed to placebo) was having a more restful sleep - I woke up with far less anxious thoughts or a busy mind. I stop taking it a few month back because I couldn't rationalize the cost for the perceived benefit I received. While it may have a profound impact on some (ex. those with seizure disorders), it just wasn't profound enough for what I was taking it for. To each their own though.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I took it for a while as an add-on to some things I was already doing for anxiety-depression. I took a variety of brands and delivery methods (tinctures, capsules) for over a year. I do feel like there was some benefit, but that may have been the placebo effect. The most notable impact (which I don't think could be attributed to placebo) was having a more restful sleep - I woke up with far less anxious thoughts or a busy mind. I stop taking it a few month back because I couldn't rationalize the cost for the perceived benefit I received. While it may have a profound impact on some (ex. those with seizure disorders), it just wasn't profound enough for what I was taking it for. To each their own though.
I'm just hedging my bets. It isn't doing me any harm, it doesn't have any effect on me behaviour wise but if it does have the health benefits everyone raves about then it's worth a punt.

SavannahBass

Lurker
Dec 16, 2022
I used to be pretty skeptical myself, thinking it was all hype with no real substance. But then, I started hearing stories from friends who swear by CBD for helping with their anxiety and sleep issues. It got me curious, so I did some digging. While I couldn't find a ton of concrete scientific evidence to back up all the claims, I did come across some studies that suggest CBD might have potential in certain areas. I think it's one of those things where the science is still catching up to the hype. That said, I believe it's essential to approach these things with a healthy dose of skepticism and do your research before jumping on the bandwagon. Also, I recently stumbled upon some CBD lubes. I had no idea that was even a thing, but it piqued my interest. If you're curious, you can check out this article I found: https://joyorganics.com/