Cejudo has surgery on his shoulder, tore it in Moraes fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018

UFC flyweight and bantamweight champion Henry Cejudo is undergoing left shoulder surgery after tearing his subscapularis muscle during his fight against Marlon Moraes earlier this month, Cejudo told ESPN.

Cejudo said he suffered the injury in the first round of his fight at UFC 238. Despite the injury, he defeated Moraes via third-round TKO to become just the fourth fighter in UFC history to be crowned champion in two weight classes at the same time.

The subscapularis muscle is the most used muscle in the shoulder and is part of the rotator cuff.

Cejudo severely injured his ankle days before the fight while training at the host hotel in Chicago, but he told ESPN the injury will not need surgery.

Cejudo's doctors have told him he will need about four to five months before he is cleared to fully train again, meaning he'll likely be out for the rest of the year.

Cejudo (15-2) will no doubt be in the running for 2019 Fighter of the Year. In January, he knocked out TJ Dillashaw in 32 seconds.

UFC champ Cejudo undergoing shoulder surgery

Get well soon, King of Cringe!

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I hope Marlon gets a rematch someday and KO's him like he should have.
I knew it was trouble when he closed distance in round 2 looking for the flashy KO.
I have no desire to watch Cejudo fight, I was a fan early, no longer.