Cerrone faces possible six month medical suspension for nose and orbital fractures

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Donald Cerrone took a beating against Conor McGregor this past Saturday, suffering a broken nose and ‘mild’ orbital fracture in the UFC 246 main event at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena, per the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC).

Cerrone, who suffered his third straight TKO/KO at UFC 246, could be medically suspended for up to six months unless cleared by a maxillofacial surgeon. The UFC veteran also suffered facial fractures in his knockout loss to Justin Gaethje at UFC Fight Night 158.

According to MMA Fighting, Cerrone’s manager, Josh Jones, says ‘Cowboy’ suffered no serious damage to his brain at UFC 246, as his CT scan came back negative.

Take a look at the full list of UFC…

Donald Cerrone faces possible six month medical suspension for nose, orbital fractures

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Holy shit that's a lot of damage in 30 seconds, when only 3-4 punches really landed. Majority of it done by shoulder strikes. Fucking crazy.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think the orbital may have come on the initial knee...that jarred the hell out of cowboys head.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0c2_HFw6o8&feature=emb_title

4:40 mark you see don slip the left and eat a knee to left cheek
never seemed right after that

the standing knee got him good also, the shoulder strikes got him good also...these were all on right cheek mostly

orbital fracture on right or left side?

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
This could be a great thread for the Conor doubters to apologize.
Cowboy was on a 2 fight losing streak (both knockout losses) and has been ko'd 4 times in the last 3 years before the Conor fight.

How much of a pat on the back do you think he deserves?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Cowboy was on a 2 fight losing streak (both knockout losses) and has been ko'd 4 times in the last 3 years before the Conor fight.

How much of a pat on the back do you think he deserves?
He threw a series of strikes he's never used before. He used his time off to really improve and round out his striking game. He absolutely deserves recognition for that.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
It should be a permanent suspension. Guy has been KOd 5 times in the last 3 years on top of all the massive amounts of damage he has sustained over his career.

Someone is going to need to save this guy from himself. There's no reason to wait.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He threw a series of strikes he's never used before. He used his time off to really improve and round out his striking game. He absolutely deserves recognition for that.
he tried the straight left to knee against Khabib but Khabib ate it and took him down I tink
but those shoulder strikes were totally new and unexpected...I don't think anybody expected him to embrace a clinch at all

props to conor

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Not that I recall. Just some expected banter after a difference in picks.
Nah, man. I've always said Kavanagh is one of the best coaches in MMA and they came in with a gameplan no one saw coming. Conor looked great, hats off to the both of them.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
looks like the swelling is on donald's left cheekbone
probably the orbital fracture

question is was it the opening flying knee or did one of those shoulders slip across to dons left cheekbone

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Nah, man. I've always said Kavanagh is one of the best coaches in MMA and they came in with a gameplan no one saw coming. Conor looked great, hats off to the both of them.
Let's calm down on 'one of the best coaches in MMA'. He has worked with a total of one champion fighter, who basically runs his own camps anyway.

If Edmen Shahbayzen keeps rising, I would be comfortable in declaring Edmond Taverdyan a better coach.