Cerrone: "I'd slap the sh*t out of McGregor"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Donald Cerrone might be penciled in to face UFC lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos later this year but he's always willing to make time for others.

Speaking with Chael Sonnen this week, Cerrone explained why interim UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor wouldn't get into his head if and when the Irishman moves back to 155 pounds.

Although, in so doing he describes how Dos Anjos has already managed to.

"Let him come on with it," Cerrone said. "Oh f**k, come on Chael. Bring that s**t on. The only problem is he's not going to be able to do that s**t talking stuff with me because [Dos Anjos] is walking a f***ing thin line with me right now.

"Conor's just good at f***ing talking s**t," said Cerrone. "If I was to fight Conor and he gets on public TV and talks s**t that wouldn't fly with me. At the first opportunity of seeing him I'd check him.

"We might be crossing paths but who the f**k knows. I'd welcome that. Hopefully he talks s**t and I slap the s**t out of him, pump the pay-per-views up and I make four million dollars."

LINK to full story: Morning Report: Donald Cerrone welcomes chance to make millions 'slapping the s**t' out of Conor McGregor - MMA Fighting

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Just like at the press conference with Nate when he got punked. He got shoved and his cowboy hat slapped off and he didn't do a damn thing.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
That was a great interview. Cowboy does not try to filter himself and respond with the same old boring PC answers like some guys do. He seems like a very regular dude who just happens to be a bad muthafucka. I hate Budweiser, but I'd love to hang out and drink some with him.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just like at the press conference with Nate when he got punked. He got shoved and his cowboy hat slapped off and he didn't do a damn thing.
Ya that sucked I thought but but can you do? In those situations the guy who moves first always gets away with it but if you retaliated then you're fucked. Imagine if Sonnen went after AS after then shoulder thing? Too much to risk with being fined or worse yet getting hurt right before a fight. DC and Jones are so lucky that nobody got hurt when they went off the stage. I'd say Cerrone did the right thing by doing nothing.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Cowboy would hurt McGregor very very badly.

Conor would be calling for a timeout midway through the first round.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I still cant understand how Nate put a beating on Cowboy like that.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Ya that sucked I thought but but can you do? In those situations the guy who moves first always gets away with it but if you retaliated then you're fucked. Imagine if Sonnen went after AS after then shoulder thing? Too much to risk with being fined or worse yet getting hurt right before a fight. DC and Jones are so lucky that nobody got hurt when they went off the stage. I'd say Cerrone did the right thing by doing nothing.
I agree with you and that's exactly why Cerrone is talking nonsense when he says he would slap the shit out of McGregor.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I agree with you and that's exactly why Cerrone is talking nonsense when he says he would slap the shit out of McGregor.
Ahhhh. I just reread OP and at first I thought he was referring to in a potential fight so sure, but ya I don't think anybody at thier level should be getting in fights anywhere outside the cage.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I always love the Diaz bros, but 2015 Cowboy would beat the brakes off Nate.

On a side note, I wish we could still have that version of The Reem. Jesus, he was a superhero.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Unless Cowboy has Matrix reflexes there was nothing he could have done to Nate there, since they were instantly separated after Nate's hat flick.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Im not sure Dana would throw him to the wolves like that unless cowboy had prefight instructions if you know what i mean.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Did anyone else notice it's the strikers get the press when they call him out, nobody is pushing Khabib as a welcome mat, and he should be well healed by the time Mc gets there.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Im not sure Dana would throw him to the wolves like that unless cowboy had prefight instructions if you know what i mean.
All I was thinking during the interview was how much did he take..

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Did anyone else notice it's the strikers get the press when they call him out, nobody is pushing Khabib as a welcome mat, and he should be well healed by the time Mc gets there.
Khabib will likely be champion by the time Mcgregor moves up.

NassimTheDream

Jul 13, 2015
I still cant understand how Nate put a beating on Cowboy like that.

Man, when I watched that fight something was up with Cowboy. He looked real tight, seemed a bit too amped up.

Sometimes when dudes come in like that they gas quick, and he did.

Then he got tagged a bunch off times and it was over .

He just seemed really amped and tight... Just my 2 cents

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Khalib would be arrest for attempted murder by head drop over and over. Conor wouldnt know how to eat thru a straw much less spell it.