CFFC 64 Comes to San Diego Next Saturday Thanks to Eric Del Fierro

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015
"Alliance MMA, Inc. (“Alliance MMA” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: AMMA), the largest group of regional mixed martial arts (MMA) sports organizations in the U.S., announced today the return of professional MMA to San Diego, California. The Alliance MMA promotion Cage Fury Fighting Championships (CFFC) will hold their 64th event at The Observatory North Park on Saturday March 25th.

'We are particularly excited to announce San Diego as the venue for CFFC 64 in that it represents a critical next step in our stated effort to create and sustain a continuous presence in each of the top 20 domestic media markets,” said Paul Danner, Chief Executive Officer of Alliance MMA. “At some point soon, we intend to introduce a new, distinctive brand for our San Diego promotion, but until then, we plan to operate under the Cage Fury Fighting Championships banner. Regardless of the name, Alliance expects to produce an ongoing series of San Diego-based MMA promotions bringing the annual total for the Company to more than 60 events, with plans to eventually reach over 125 per year.'

As previously announced, Eric Del Fierro is the General Manager for Alliance MMA’s San Diego promotion, and he will handle a variety of tasks for CFFC 64, including matchmaking and operations..."

Alliance MMA Brings World Class MMA Back to San Diego - Alliance MMA™

Shoutout to Eric Del Fierro for putting this together. Stoked to see some professional shows coming back to San Diego and I'll definitely be in attendance!

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
Ok, so what do you think of Eric Del Fierro's conflict of interest if he is a coach AND a matchmaker? He can engineer favorable matchups for his fighters just like the manager-promoter conflict, right?

This reminded me of this exchange, Raimondi never answered me:

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/nuraknu_/status/824410843936944128
Interesting point. From everything I've heard out of Eric he's more interested in just getting his fighters in the cage locally and more often rather than matching them up advantageously, but I think this show will probably be telling depending on if it's a bunch of blowouts or evenly matched fights. I'll be in the building so I'll let ya know!

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Interesting point. From everything I've heard out of Eric he's more interested in just getting his fighters in the cage locally and more often rather than matching them up advantageously, but I think this show will probably be telling depending on if it's a bunch of blowouts or evenly matched fights. I'll be in the building so I'll let ya know!
Do you have a ticket connection or just buying them? I was also thinking about attending.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
looks like Dana will be there with Matt Serra and Din Thomas filming their show

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
Interesting second time this season they go to a CFFC show I'm assuming since they just filmed at CFFC 63 last month also.

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
Tickets are still available for this show tomorrow night. For anyone interested Eric Del Fierro went on MMA Junkie Radio this week to discuss the card. Looks like 8 pro fights and 6 ammy fights as of Wednesday or so.