Chael Sonnen Shoots on Brendan Schaub & Joe Rogan

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Nov 21, 2015
Damn I find myself on Chael's side here. He Schooled Joe and Brendan

Or are they all in on it and just suck me in as a mark?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NN4_RkmOBA

EDIT - The end of the vid when Chael cuts the clip right when he says
to Schaub...

"No matter how much I like you and wanna believe you're standing beside me as a worker
I am forced to face the reality that you are nothing more then a Mark"

That shit was priceless. LOL

Last edited:

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Chael's responding to this

I think all 3 are right in their own ways, they should just go out and get a beer, all 3 of em, maybe invite Colby Covington

Nov 21, 2015
Chael's responding to this

I think all 3 are right in their own ways, they should just go out and get a beer, all 3 of em, maybe invite Colby Covington
Yeah he plays part of this in his response. Scripted or not Chael won that shit.
Especially the way he cut off his response by calling Schaub a Mark

I was entertained. LOL

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
I think Cheatin' Chael may be the only guy who lies as much as Egg. Nothing he says can be taken as genuine.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think Cheatin' Chael may be the only guy who lies as much as Egg. Nothing he says can be taken as genuine.
last 3 minutes of the video above is so bad LOL...he talks of himself like royalty of MMA and a god among men...it is 1000% cringe, of course intentional but it is why I can only take him in short doses if at all.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Chael is 100% right. Even for hardcores who suspect he's playing a character... there's still plausible deniability that this guy is just a massive dick. Why ruin it? What purpose does it serve?

Nov 21, 2015
hope he makes that face to fedor mid fight
might need a reconstruct
He's something else. A real character. If I'm being honest though the sport is more fun when he's around.
I certaintly will take him over Colby Covington. I don't think there will be another Chael. We are getting
2nd rate knock offs now

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
schaub is a fuckin douche. one of the biggest douches this sport has ever seen. chael is fake but he sells it well. both of them are head and shoulders above colby .colby tries to work an angle but comes off as desperate and phoney. chael talked himself into fights with anderson in his prime and jones while really being no more than a journeyman.colby probably has more legit talent then schaub and chael but he has zero personality

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He's something else. A real character. If I'm being honest though the sport is more fun when he's around.
I certaintly will take him over Colby Covington. I don't think there will be another Chael. We are getting
2nd rate knock offs now
I don't like much about him other than from oregon and that doesn't mean much so...

I have rarely been impressed with him in ring except when he was roided and EPO to the gills....most his fights really suck and the only entertainment is him running gums

But I see how any body who likes pro wrestling would love him...he definitely found his niche and went full ham

I like fighters who don't say anything at all...but those guys don't get as much $$$ for out of ring stuff

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
schaub is a fuckin douche. one of the biggest douches this sport has ever seen. chael is fake but he sells it well. both of them are head and shoulders above colby .colby tries to work an angle but comes off as desperate and phoney. chael talked himself into fights with anderson in his prime and jones while really being no more than a journeyman.colby probably has more legit talent then schaub and chael but he has zero personality
so true

Joe should have just pretended to not know colbys name...all 3 of these guys talking about him so much is desperate on all 3 accounts IMO

chael is a c level actor and colby straight up failed the course

Nov 21, 2015
I don't like much about him other than from oregon and that doesn't mean much so...

I have rarely been impressed with him in ring except when he was roided and EPO to the gills....most his fights really suck and the only entertainment is him running gums

But I see how any body who likes pro wrestling would love him...he definitely found his niche and went full ham

I like fighters who don't say anything at all...but those guys don't get as much $$$ for out of ring stuff
Thats fair. I kinda like a mix but don't like either extreme. MMA gets clownish at the Colby
level but boring as fuck at the Demetrius Johnson level to me. A bunch of guys sitting
around pretending to be best friends just doesnt do it for me.

They gotta give me a reason to care. Not to pick on DJ cuz I like him as a fighter but I remember
him being asked who he wanted to fight next and he said he didn't care who he fights.

Well if fighter doesn't care then neither do I.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Thats fair. I kinda like a mix but don't like either extreme. MMA gets clownish at the Colby
level but boring as fuck at the Demetrius Johnson level to me. A bunch of guys sitting
around pretending to be best friends just doesnt do it for me.

They gotta give me a reason to care. Not to pick on DJ cuz I like him as a fighter but I remember
him being asked who he wanted to fight next and he said he didn't care who he fights.

Well if fighter doesn't care then neither do I.
Ya I basically gravitate to the gentleman stalker killer type of fighter

think Shogun and Cro Cop

MMA has all types though and I am certainly entertained by many different combos of talk and performance

I fast forward the filler on cards and also don't watch 99% of MMA interviews and hype pieces

Nov 21, 2015
Ya I basically gravitate to the gentleman stalker killer type of fighter

think Shogun and Cro Cop

MMA has all types though and I am certainly entertained by many different combos of talk and performance

I fast forward the filler on cards and also don't watch 99% of MMA interviews and hype pieces
Hell yeah I like those guys too. Fedor's cold dead stare is pure excitement.

I like both sides I just don't enjoy when everyone is doing the same thing or when the dynamic
shifts to entirely one extreme.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Hell yeah I like those guys too. Fedor's cold dead stare is pure excitement.

I like both sides I just don't enjoy when everyone is doing the same thing or when the dynamic
shifts to entirely one extreme.
finishers of fights seem to talk less...they sell themselves

ya fedor to

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
I keep forgetting about the Fedor fight. I really hope this turns out like it should: a past his prime heavyweight GOAT demolishing a middleweight never-was.

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
I see Big Mouth turtling and tapping to strikes in the first minute.

I'd rather see Fedor work him over on the ground, almost sub every joint, before choking him out.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
finishers of fights seem to talk less...they sell themselves

ya fedor to
Not sure of this is accurate. First thing would be to define who is considered a talker besides the obvious one being Conor, I say Ronda is one too. Some finishing rates below

Fedor - 75%
Conor - 90%
Ronda - 100%
Covington - 50%
Rampage - 62%
Kevin Lee - 59%
Ferguson - 78%

I'm skeptical that being a talker has a direct effect on finish rate and it's more to do with style of fighting and opponents.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Of course Rogan didn’t do anything wrong. Chael is just making headlines. I like Chael and listen to him often, but he’s off here. Rogan is clear.

That being said, he’s always welcome to talk shit about Schaub. Schaub may not be the biggest tool in the history of MMA, but he’s gotta be top 5.