Chandler is gonna fuck Oliveira up

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
List me some other fighters who were known to be chinny and then became more resilient as their career went on. How many guys are taking beatings in their 40th pro fight that they wouldn't have survived in their 20th?

I can name one - Andrei Arlovski. Him and Charles seem to be the exceptions, not the rule.
When was Charles ever “chinny”? I don’t think you actually have any idea what you’re talking about, which seems to be consistent with your posts.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
When was Charles ever “chinny”? I don’t think you actually have any idea what you’re talking about, which seems to be consistent with your posts.
Haha. Not sure how this exchange has triggered you so much, sweetheart.

Oliveira is not going to fuck you.

M

member 3289

TheFifthScallop @Thefifthscallop here's another example. Neither example appears to be a fight-ending shot, but Do Bronx fell down anyway. I wouldn't call "chinny" an inaccurate description of Oliveira in his early UFC tenure

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Haha. Not sure how this exchange has triggered you so much, sweetheart.

Oliveira is not going to fuck you.
I’m not triggered at all. I’m pointing out that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Edit: We all make stupid comments from time to time. Don’t let your ego get the best of you though. Move along.

Last edited:

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Dipshits like me who picked Chandler couldn't have predicted Charles would weather that storm. We were right that Chandler would catch him, but wrong that Charles would fold under the pressure. The old Oliveira wouldn't have made it out of the first round. Guy has somehow 'improved' his resiliency, which is rare. Fighters don't usually get more durable as their career progresses.
yeh man. i thought he was done. seemed he thought so too. but he hung in there against a beast

great fight by both

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
TheFifthScallop @Thefifthscallop here's another example. Neither example appears to be a fight-ending shot, but Do Bronx fell down anyway. I wouldn't call "chinny" an inaccurate description of Oliveira in his early UFC tenure

Eh, I don’t know. “Chinny” seem like a stretch. Oliveria was always known for his difficult weight cuts. Not having to drop that last 10lbs does wonders for one’s resiliency.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
He’s 31 going on 32. Literally his athletic prime.
I think you might be mistaken in conflating his age with his athletic prime. An American fighter, who grows up, wrestles in high school, wrestlers in college, maybe trains for a couple years with the Olympic team before delving into MMA. Yeah, that's guy's prime is probably going to come in his early 30's. But these Brazilians that start fighting professionally when they're 17-18 years old, in Chucky Olives' case 20? They've got a fuck ton of miles on the odometer by the time they hit 30. Oliveira has already had 40 fights. If he has another fight or 2 like he did last night, he's going to have a very short reign.

For reference, look at the career arcs of guys like Shogun or Aldo.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Eh, I don’t know. “Chinny” seem like a stretch. Oliveria was always known for his difficult weight cuts. Not having to drop that last 10lbs does wonders for one’s resiliency.
Good point. Keeping that brain hydrated has to make a big difference.

M

member 3289

Difficult to say if it was a lack of resiliency due to the weight cut or lack of being a G early in his career. Could have been the "Bronx" in his nickname as well.

And I know Chandler has T-rex arms but Aloe Vera looked a LOT bigger last night. How the hell he ever made 145 is beyond me.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
I think you might be mistaken in conflating his age with his athletic prime. An American fighter, who grows up, wrestles in high school, wrestlers in college, maybe trains for a couple years with the Olympic team before delving into MMA. Yeah, that's guy's prime is probably going to come in his early 30's. But these Brazilians that start fighting professionally when they're 17-18 years old, in Chucky Olives' case 20? They've got a fuck ton of miles on the odometer by the time they hit 30. Oliveira has already had 40 fights. If he has another fight or 2 like he did last night, he's going to have a very short reign.

For reference, look at the career arcs of guys like Shogun or Aldo.
Barao was another notable Brazilian that was finished by the time he was 28.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
I’m not triggered at all. I’m pointing out that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Edit: We all make stupid comments from time to time. Don’t let your ego get the best of you though. Move along.
The only person dribbling shit here is you, mete. As other people have also pointed out to you:

A) There have long been concerns about Charles' resiliency before this fight. You might nitpick the term 'chinny' but I used the term 'resiliency' first. This was not just me talking, it was a common perception that Charles was not very durable.

B) 'Athletic prime' has little to do with durability in MMA taken in isolation. On what possible evidence are you basing the argument that a guy in his early 30s and 40th pro fight should normally be more durable than a guy in his mid 20s in his 20th pro fight? And Charles last got knocked out in 2017 in his 31st fight, so it's not like he only suffered his KO losses as some young inexperienced fighter.

It's a dumb thing to get your panties twisted over, made even dumber by accusing me of being an idiot for making uncontroversial, reasonable observations.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
The only person dribbling shit here is you, mete. As other people have also pointed out to you:

A) There have long been concerns about Charles' resiliency before this fight. You might nitpick the term 'chinny' but I used the term 'resiliency' first. This was not just me talking, it was a common perception that Charles was not very durable.

B) 'Athletic prime' has little to do with durability in MMA taken in isolation. On what possible evidence are you basing the argument that a guy in his early 30s and 40th pro fight should normally be more durable than a guy in his mid 20s in his 20th pro fight? And Charles last got knocked out in 2017 in his 31st fight, so it's not like he only suffered his KO losses as some young inexperienced fighter.

It's a dumb thing to get your panties twisted over, made even dumber by accusing me of being an idiot for making uncontroversial, reasonable observations.
Lol, there goes that ego again. It’s ok, son. You can be wrong and that’s ok. That’s how you learn.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
List me some other fighters who were known to be chinny and then became more resilient as their career went on. How many guys are taking beatings in their 40th pro fight that they wouldn't have survived in their 20th?

I can name one - Andrei Arlovski. Him and Charles seem to be the exceptions, not the rule.
Charles was also training much differently during the early part of his career.

training has changed dramatically for everyone over the last 15 years, but Andre and Charles have probably experienced some of the most drastic changes considering where they started and where they are now.