Lifestyle Cherish all the little moments life throws at you...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Been having a few down days. Between work, the motorcycle accident, and this being around the time of year I was in my first firefight in Iraq, I've been letting depression get the best of me. Gf tries her best to help and sent this to me today with the caption "remember who can brighten your darkest days"... Someone hit me with a whole bag of onions.

Been having a few down days. Between work, the motorcycle accident, and this being around the time of year I was in my first firefight in Iraq, I've been letting depression get the best of me. Gf tries her best to help and sent this to me today with the caption "remember who can brighten your darkest days"... Someone hit me with a whole bag of onions.

Been a bit down myself lately for different reasons...Chin up matey.. Things will get better.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
stay strong b00ts @b00ts

for sure cherish the moments and little things in life

PM anytime for a chat...that goes for anyone

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
b00ts @b00ts

Don't know what's going on but a few seem to be going through it, matey.Really don't know how I got through it.

2019 was the worst shit scary year of my life but I'm positive about 2020. You were so brave with your crash.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Head up mate. I have depression myself and take daily medication for it. Saved my life, but it's not a 'one size fits all' solution. I skipped a day and a half last week due to just forgetting and it hit me like a tonne of bricks.

On the bright side for you though mate - It seems like your gf really loves you, cares for you and wants the best for you. Let that cancel out the negative things in your life and help it bring you up.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
My post came out in the wrong order cos I'm a twat, lol.

My depression/anxiety I self medicate. I know if I go and get meds for it I'll be stuck with them for life.

All y'all struggling here? Lots of love and all the best. I play the hardass sometimes but I do think about you. BrunoMcGyver @BrunoMcGyver just goes to show that it can affect everyone. You're a nice looking guy with a beautiful wife...it just happens. From the outside it's like "what's he got to worry about"? but once it starts...

Last year was the toughest year of anyone's life which would have probably tipped most people over the edge but I think it was probably an underlying thing.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
BrunoMcGyver @BrunoMcGyver just goes to show that it can affect everyone. You're a nice looking guy with a beautiful wife...it just happens. From the outside it's like "what's he got to worry about"? but once it starts...

Last year was the toughest year of anyone's life which would have probably tipped most people over the edge but I think it was probably an underlying thing.
I've always had it. My parents both have varying degrees of depression (as an idea - my mum takes 80mg of citalopram a day, I take 20mg - which is considered the normal amount ppl with depression take).

For me though it really flared up nearly four years ago, when I lived in Melbourne, away from my now wife working at a place that had good 'foot soldiers', but a toxic culture perpetrated by the 'highers up'. My gf also worked in such a place, and got to the point where she left her job and I had to support her. I guess the only thing keeping me sane was - although I was lonely - I was saving lots of money, but without it I just spat at, thought 'what's the point?' and quit my job, and almost quit the world.

It took a while, but for me meds got the ball rolling. There's a thread of mine that is essentially a play-by-play of my recovery so I won't post it again here.

But you're right, it can hit anyone. Look at all of the wealthy people, rock stars etc who take their lives. Shit's a double edged sword - you can have everything in the world, but when you do have everything, it's so easy to just go "what now?" and go into that spiral.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I've always had it. My parents both have varying degrees of depression (as an idea - my mum takes 80mg of citalopram a day, I take 20mg - which is considered the normal amount ppl with depression take).

For me though it really flared up nearly four years ago, when I lived in Melbourne, away from my now wife working at a place that had good 'foot soldiers', but a toxic culture perpetrated by the 'highers up'. My gf also worked in such a place, and got to the point where she left her job and I had to support her. I guess the only thing keeping me sane was - although I was lonely - I was saving lots of money, but without it I just spat at, thought 'what's the point?' and quit my job, and almost quit the world.

It took a while, but for me meds got the ball rolling. There's a thread of mine that is essentially a play-by-play of my recovery so I won't post it again here.

But you're right, it can hit anyone. Look at all of the wealthy people, rock stars etc who take their lives. Shit's a double edged sword - you can have everything in the world, but when you do have everything, it's so easy to just go "what now?" and go into that spiral.
If you ever need an ear, I'm all ears. I had them put back because they were gigantic bugger lugs but I'm still a good ear to bend ;)

My mum was on anti depressants for probably 35 years, I'm just not going down that route because it's probably hereditary and I've got some pretty worrisome medication stuff going on already...I'll just stick it out.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
If you ever need an ear, I'm all ears. I had them put back because they were gigantic bugger lugs but I'm still a good ear to bend ;)

My mum was on anti depressants for probably 35 years, I'm just not going down that route because it's probably hereditary and I've got some pretty worrisome medication stuff going on already...I'll just stick it out.
I'm all good now myself, but sounds like our good ol friend b00ts could do with a few of our ears and shoulders right now

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I'm all good now myself, but sounds like our good ol friend b00ts could do with a few of our ears and shoulders right now
I’m fine. I have my bad days, but for the most part I cope well. I realize how good I have it with my family, job, etc. and usually just take a chill day to refocus. Took off today to spend the day down by my lake for some fishing.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I’m fine. I have my bad days, but for the most part I cope well. I realize how good I have it with my family, job, etc. and usually just take a chill day to refocus. Took off today to spend the day down by my lake for some fishing.
For what it’s worth, the video you shared got me tearing up. You’ve got much love in your life brother. Bless up.