Society Chicago's richest man moves $22 billion company to Florida, citing crime

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Chicago's richest man moves $22 billion company to Florida, citing crime

Ken Griffin, a hedge fund billionaire worth nearly $29 billion, announced he had moved from Democratic-led Illinois to Republican-led Florida.

Florida is also set to become the new home of Citadel Securities, a company valued at around $22 billion, according to a report.

While not stated in a letter to employees, Citadel officials reportedly said crime was a critical factor in the decision to move.

"If people aren't safe here, they're not going to live here," he said in a recent interview. "I've had multiple colleagues mugged at gunpoint. I've had a colleague stabbed on the way to work, countless issues of burglary. I mean, that's a really difficult backdrop with which to draw talent to your city from."

The move will have a negative impact on the financial condition of Lightfoot's Chicago, the report noted.

Chicago's richest man moves $22 billion company to Florida, citing crime (msn.com)

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Because Florida has long been known as the safest state.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Taxes.

But I appreciate the dig at Beetlejuice and her crime-filled city.

• Beetlejuice 2020: Defund the Police!
  • Beetlejuice 2021: We need Federal Marshall's because of all this crime.
  • Beetlejuice 2022: Why is everyone leaving?
She is an absolute idiot.

M

member 1013

we closed our office in chicago and this is one of the reasons, i miss going there three times a years s eating disgusting hot dogs

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Watch him vote democrat & try to fuck up that state.
Best thing going for Florida is half the population just fled communism and aren't dumber than bricks, then there's Broward county...

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Watch him vote democrat & try to fuck up that state.
Best thing going for Florida is half the population just fled communism and aren't dumber than bricks, then there's Broward county...
How is the crime in Broward County compared to the rest of the state? How long they been blue? Not fixed yet?

Weird...