Chiesa: If Lee ‘beats me fair and square’ in rematch, I can live with that

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

There was a bit of controversy during the UFC’s Fight Night event in Oklahoma in June 2017. Kevin Lee was awarded with a late first-round submission win, despite claims of opponent Michael Chiesa of not tapping to the rear-naked choke that was locked in.

Chiesa was greatly upset with the fight’s presiding referee Mario Yamasaki, whom he believes should just “crawl in a hole” and never officiate again. And even after a year later, the TUF 15 alum still feels the sting of that loss, which he is adamant to get back.

But if he ends up with another defeat in the possible rematch against Lee, Chiesa says he would be more willing to accept it, as long as he is…

Michael Chiesa: If Kevin Lee ‘beats me fair and square’ in a rematch, I can live with that

Last edited:

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
agreed (with wild), cut-face motherfucker's delusional.

lol i like this guy. i love the way he is so easily trolled about his mum. god bless him, surely he's a good guy.

but his view is skewed by his competitive nature. in a real fight with a darkly motivated kevin lee, he would have died. lol- he was doing the opposite of escaping that choke.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I feel drive and athleticism is a talent. Tenacity is in that same category. Not everyone has the same amount, and one having more than someone else, can help them get ahead.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
you can choose to drive yourself further. talent is what you have while standing still

I feel drive and athleticism is a talent. Tenacity is in that same category. Not everyone has the same amount, and one having more than someone else, can help them get ahead.
You are mistaking your feelings for facts.:leftright:

Are you insinuating by disagreeing that everyone is created with the same amount of talent, drive, and tenacity?
I am not insinuating people are or aren't created with such qualities. To what degree we are born with chacter traits and to what degree we cultivate our traits is beyond me. Nonetheless, tenacity (in a fight) is a character trait and not a talent.

Look at it this way: if someone is unable to admit being wrong, is that a talent?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I'm sure you can, Michael.
You've had a lot of practice, since you've been living with the fact that he beat you fair and square in the first fight for quite a while now.

Nov 21, 2015

There was a bit of controversy during the UFC’s Fight Night event in Oklahoma in June 2017. Kevin Lee was awarded with a late first-round submission win, despite claims of opponent Michael Chiesa of not tapping to the rear-naked choke that was locked in.

Chiesa was greatly upset with the fight’s presiding referee Mario Yamasaki, whom he believes should just “crawl in a hole” and never officiate again. And even after a year later, the TUF 15 alum still feels the sting of that loss, which he is adamant to get back.

But if he ends up with another defeat in the possible rematch against Lee, Chiesa says he would be more willing to accept it, as long as he is…

Michael Chiesa: If Kevin Lee ‘beats me fair and square’ in a rematch, I can live with that
We all know this is silly but in his defense whats he supposed to say?

I'd be telling all who would listen the same thing. LOL

Plus I'd throw in "I was sick that day with AIDS and Cancer. Kevin got lucky. Plus I got Early Herbed"

We all know this is silly but in his defense whats he supposed to say?

I'd be telling all who would listen the same thing. LOL

Plus I'd throw in "I was sick that day with AIDS and Cancer. Kevin got lucky. Plus I got Early Herbed"
Maybe he should say that Lee beat him fair and square. Besides that, he's done absolutely nothing to warrant another fight against KL.

KWingJitsu @KWingJitsu, if ever there were a case for white privilege, it would be that Chiesa has been able to work as an analyst. It's either that or the guy is a hard fucking worker behind the scenes- on camera he is predictable has no charisma and can't even accurately assess his loss to KL.
Analysis is in- he was outclassed and outperformed.

Well that's enough cheer and sunshine for the day.