Lifestyle Chinese Flu Virus Quarantine Cooking Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm jealous. Channels, blues, or flatheads?
Mainly channels and blues, we get more flatheads in a creek out in Arkansas on my wife's father's farm.

We'll run some jugs first thing Friday morning, then go pole fishing and chum the water. Should be fun. I'm hoping for some bass as well.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Made skirt steak....

Get some local raised cow. Take the skirt steak and trim off excess fat. It's a fatty cut. Don't worry too much!

Make a marinade. I like Alton Brown's but I add more pepper, more cumin, less sugar, more soy sauce.

Meat in the marinade...

Toss it in a bag and throw it in the fridge for an hour or more. I did almost three.

get a HOT grill going. If I had a better setup I'd even think about heating up the coals, knocking off the char, and cooking DIRECT ON THE COALS.

If not direct, get your grate real low so you're cooking HOT. This is a thin meat that will cook fast. 3-4 minutes each side max.

And done. Wrap in foil for 15 minutes.

Take out and put some lime on it...

Cut AGAINST the grain...

Looking good!!!

Put it back in the foil juices and toss around.

SERVE with a corona beer.
Fucking Hannibal lecter up in here.

We just made a potato rosti...Ours is simple

Peel and boil potatoes
Take out and let them cool
Grate potatoes and grate some red onion and 3 types of cheese
Add cheese and red onion to a baking dish and keep some to add to the top

Bake on 170 for 40 mins

Then we stuffed 2 chickens with sage and onion
Shredded a cabbage and add butter and ground pepper
Carrot and turnip
Broccoli and cauliflower
Roast potatoes

Gravy

VOILA

I'll add pics when it's done.

Slight update

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
IMGUR API shitting the bed and flipping photos because it can't figure out phone direction. Sorry bros. Update coming. Have to rewrite the add-on for completely new software version.
It's about fucken time kirik

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Looks good bros. I smoked some ribs yesterday too. Came out great. Used up the last of my wood though and I'm not leaving the house to get more.

Today I'm going to cook a spiral cut ham.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Looks good bros. I smoked some ribs yesterday too. Came out great. Used up the last of my wood though and I'm not leaving the house to get more.

Today I'm going to cook a spiral cut ham.
Pics or it didn't happen.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
A cheap Chargriller with an off-set fire box for smoking.

Something like this.

How about you?
I found a guy who makes them in his garage. Had him make a reverse flow offset smoker out of like 1/4 inch steel pipe. Works good, and for what I paid you'll never find anything store bought as strong. It's a little rough around the edges, but works great and holds temp well once it's heated up. I toss on about 1 spilt every 55-60 min.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I found a guy who makes them in his garage. Had him make a reverse flow offset smoker out of like 1/4 inch steel pipe. Works good, and for what I paid you'll never find anything store bought as strong. It's a little rough around the edges, but works great and holds temp well once it's heated up. I toss on about 1 spilt every 55-60 min.
I plan on getting one eventually. I smoke a lot. One of these cheap grills usually only lasts me about two years before the firebox burns through.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I plan on getting one eventually. I smoke a lot. One of these cheap grills usually only lasts me about two years before the firebox burns through.
Hell ya, I was doing it a lot before the baby, now that he's not a tiny baby baby anymore I'll probably start doing it again more often. You should look on Facebook marketplace for a guy who makes them. Worth every penny. I have about a 1/2 cord of hickory left so we should be good for awhile.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Hell ya, I was doing it a lot before the baby, now that he's not a tiny baby baby anymore I'll probably start doing it again more often. You should look on Facebook marketplace for a guy who makes them. Worth every penny. I have about a 1/2 cord of hickory left so we should be good for awhile.
How old's the little one?