Lifestyle Chinese Flu Virus Quarantine Cooking Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Now that we are all being good citizens and staying home practicing social distancing, what's everyone cooking?

I'm firing up the smoker here in a bit to do some hickory smoked ribs today, like a good Texan.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Now that we are all being good citizens and staying home practicing social distancing, what's everyone cooking?

I'm firing up the smoker here in a bit to do some hickory smoked ribs today, like a good Texan.
I just put the sauce on. Having spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight, meatballs made from Canada Goose breasts.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
I got a bunch of Elk burger and beef. My fat ass has been limiting carbs and sugar, so I’m open to suggestions.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Good stuff. I'm starting to have an increasing personal problem with the captive cervid industry.
I gotta be honest, I never knew it was a “thing”. My brother has it in the freezer at our dad’s and I’ve been taking the liberty. I don’t think he’s even noticed that I’ve been hoggin’ on it for months. Plus, I don’t think he really cares. He just makes jerky with it every so often. Hell, I’ve dug out 2-3 year old Mule Deer and Bear out and ate that stuff, nothing wrong with it. Needless to say it’s been a fruitless couple of seasons.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just got back from a walk by the lake. We'll probably go down with the baby and try to catch some catfish, lake is up real high right now.

Now it's time to get the smoker fired up.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I’m just about to sauté some onions and garlic, and to brown 2lbs of grass fed ground beef. While the chili simmers, I add beer to the mix instead of water. Today I’m using a Paulaner Octoberfest.

Beer chilli kicks ass.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I’m just about to sauté some onions and garlic, and to brown 2lbs of grass fed ground beef. While the chili simmers, I add beer to the mix instead of water. Today I’m using a Paulaner Octoberfest.

Beer chilli kicks ass.

Sounds great. I like your large hunks of meat.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Sounds great. I like your large hunks of meat.
why thank you.

my wife does too ;)

my wife is an awesome cook, and she does the bulk of it around here. But this is one of the things I do well. Making my chilli recipe is like a therapeutic ritual for me.