Chokes are Safe

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
New study by physicians goes over questionnaires completed by thousands of grapplers. Concludes chokes are safe for combat sports. Thought this may be of interest.

Study – Chokes in Combat Sports “Appear to be Safe”
Do you know which forums they're talking about? Because things would suggest a possible conflict of interest for respondents:
A convenience sample of visitors to two combat sports internet forums completed an anonymous web-based survey on choking experience and related symptoms.

ErikMagraken

Posting Machine
Apr 9, 2015
Do you know which forums they're talking about? Because things would suggest a possible conflict of interest for respondents:
A convenience sample of visitors to two combat sports internet forums completed an anonymous web-based survey on choking experience and related symptoms.
Off hand I don't know. Lot of participants here. I like this study. Not like the old days in Japan where they tested the safety of chokes by choking out a bunch of participants lol.

Jun 28, 2016
in my limited experience, getting choked out makes you out easier next time.
and people have strokes and damage their necks fighting out of chokes.

i'd have to see the surveys, but the fact that it's anonymous and online lowers how much weight I give the results.