Chris Weidman and the 205lb division

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Chris and the 205lb division

• he will be champion

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I think gwill go very well

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
edit your own fucking posts

ok so he will fight Dominic Reyes for his first 205lb match, in October.

i'm concerned for him. if a fighter is struggling at 185, the answer isn't necessarily to eat well and fight someone much bigger. just ask Luke Rockhold.

plus he has eaten some hard damage in recent fights.

Last edited:

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
tough tough tough tough tough fight for chris..Doms boxing is too good and I see Weidman getting knocked out.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I don’t know how he’ll do but I don’t think he’s very smooth boxing wise

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I like Weidman, but I didn’t trust his chin at Middleweight anymore. Moving up to face even bigger hitters only makes the problem worse.

That said, if he can carry good weight with the move up, the standard of wrestling is much weaker at light heavyweight. If he focuses on striking defense and commits to using his wrestling he could have success.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I like Weidman, but I didn’t trust his chin at Middleweight anymore. Moving up to face even bigger hitters only makes the problem worse.

That said, if he can carry good weight with the move up, the standard of wrestling is much weaker at light heavyweight. If he focuses on striking defense and commits to using his wrestling he could have success.
Your chin is weak, that’s why you won’t fly to Florida to get smashed by @conor mcgregor nut hugger
Your chin will cave under the beating
Innit

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
tough tough tough tough tough fight for chris..Doms boxing is too good and I see Weidman getting knocked out.
This

What's that donkeybrain thinking?Reyes is gonna knock the fuck outta him.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
He's a natural heavyweight, so it's not like size is going to be an issue. He could have been a great LHW in his prime.

But he's not coming back from 5 consecutive fights where he took massive damage (even Kelvin dropped him). The Rockhold, Romero and Jacare fights and finishes were all potential career changers on their own, let alone one guy suffering them all.

And now he's fighting bigger hitters. Maybe he can use his wrestling to beat a few guys, but he's going to get his brain scrambled eventually.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
at 205 he will have a tough time vs heavy weight sized dudes he had a tough time vs kelveen tha god little ass hallowed be thy name.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
guys at lighter weights might have some success moving up due to more speed, cardio, not having to cut weight etc... but the heavier you go it'll be tougher especially your chin won't follow you there.

most likely same story as Rockhold, maybe Weidman might win 1 or 2 since he doesn't have the same cockiness.

but then Weidman has a dad that loves him

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He's a natural heavyweight, so it's not like size is going to be an issue. He could have been a great LHW in his prime.

But he's not coming back from 5 consecutive fights where he took massive damage (even Kelvin dropped him). The Rockhold, Romero and Jacare fights and finishes were all potential career changers on their own, let alone one guy suffering them all.

And now he's fighting bigger hitters. Maybe he can use his wrestling to beat a few guys, but he's going to get his brain scrambled eventually.
Dude Kelvin fucken hits hard.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Dude Kelvin fucken hits hard.
I phrased that wrong. Wasn't saying that as if it's surprising Kelvin dropped him, just saying he took damage in that fight that generally people don't really remember.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I phrased that wrong. Wasn't saying that as if it's surprising Kelvin dropped him, just saying he took damage in that fight that generally people don't really remember.
I do. That fat headed fluffy haired Mexican is a favourite of mine. I still think he will be champ

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Plus he whipped count Michael and I have no qualms with it

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Mike was 73 years old at the time and suffering from chronic dihorrea but whatever