General Civil Unrest MEGATHREAD

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Capitol riot suspect wants GPS monitor removed, citing loud beeping in front of clients
“The monitor has randomly started beeping loudly around potential clients, immediately followed by an embarrassing phone call from pretrial services asking for his exact location,” the lawyers said in court documents filed earlier this month.

Aaaaaaaaaw, diddums.

Maybe he shouldn't have stormed the fucking Capitol, then.

??

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
“The monitor has randomly started beeping loudly around potential clients, immediately followed by an embarrassing phone call from pretrial services asking for his exact location,” the lawyers said in court documents filed earlier this month.

Aaaaaaaaaw, diddums.

Maybe he shouldn't have stormed the fucking Capitol, then.

??
The man has a right to have correctly working equipment. Ankle bracelets are to make sure they know where you are and you aren't taking off, it's not supposed to be punitive. There's also the more obvious issue that if it's not working correctly, they could think he's at home, but really he's taken off to Mexico. I don't necessarily think they should remove it, but malfunctioning equipment needs to be addressed regardless the crime he's been charged with.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
The man has a right to have correctly working equipment. Ankle bracelets are to make sure they know where you are and you aren't taking off, it's not supposed to be punitive. There's also the more obvious issue that if it's not working correctly, they could think he's at home, but really he's taken off to Mexico. I don't necessarily think they should remove it, but malfunctioning equipment needs to be addressed regardless the crime he's been charged with.
Oh I'm sorry, do you want me to give you a reasoned, respectful, on-topic reply to this?

I could do that, sure. After all, you did take the trouble to type out a reasonable point, and even expand on it a little. Should I acknowledge it, and perhaps even respond to it?

Naaaaaaah - I think I prefer to just tell you that malfunctioning ankle bracelets are no different to functioning ones. Effectively, they are exactly the same and there is no real point of difference between them. Perhaps you would then challenge my baseless assertion, which is backed by absolutely nothing and is, in fact, objectively incorrect? Ha, aren't you cute. Look at you, thinking that there might be an actual thread-relevant conversation on the table here. Adorable.

That's a frustrating response, eh?

Actually just kind of me being a dickhead, thread-ruining troll, isn't it.

Yes, it is.

Maybe I should have just addressed the content of the post you made, without all the snarky, trolling bullshit. Perhaps that would be better, for both of us and for everyone else.

Want to reset?

??

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Oh I'm sorry, do you want me to give you a reasoned, respectful, on-topic reply to this?
That's always the intent.

I could do that, sure. After all, you did take the trouble to type out a reasonable point, and even expand on it a little. Should I acknowledge it, and perhaps even respond to it?
That would be the point of the forum.

Naaaaaaah - I think I prefer to just tell you that malfunctioning ankle bracelets are no different to functioning ones. Effectively, they are the same and there is no real point of difference between them. Perhaps you would then challenge my baseless assertion, which is backed by absolutely nothing and is, in fact, objectively incorrect? Ha, aren't you cute. Look at you, thinking that there might be an actual thread-relevant conversation on the table here. Adorable.

That's a frustrating response, eh?

Actually just kind of me being a dickhead, thread-ruining troll, isn't it.

Yes, it is.

Maybe I should have just addressed the content of the post you made, without all the snarky, trolling bullshit. Perhaps that would be better, for both of us and for everyone else.

Want to reset?

??
This part goes here: Lifestyle - The JakePaulsBeard Appreciation Thread

Thank you.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
That's always the intent.
Is it.

That would be the point of the forum.
Is that so.

What are your thoughts on the Fairness Doctrine? I mean, I have already asked you about it half a dozen times when you complain about the state of the media and you have blanked it every single time without fail, but whatever right?

I haven't clicked on that thread, because I don't appreciate your trolling and I'm not particularly interested in forum circle jerks and bitchy little cliques and online gossip circles. Clearly, I would rather be talking about the topic at hand. Which is why I take the trouble to respond to your little proclamations with replies that include names of people involved, references to historical context, specific pieces of legislation etc.

One hundred percent of which you generally blank completely.

Again - want to reset? Want to concede that yes, oftentimes you in fact ARE just trolling me for your own amusement? I have no problem resetting and being entirely civil to you any time, at a moment's notice. Forum enemies is stupid bullshit, and we actually agree on quite a lot (as I have tried to point out.) But if you're just going to sit there and do nothing except keep telling me that your conduct is exemplary at all times and the problem is entirely, 100% me, then this is never going to work.

??

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
What are your thoughts on the Fairness Doctrine?
I don't have a strong opinion on it although it strikes me as flowery nonsense.

I mean, I have already asked you about it half a dozen times when you complain about the state of the media and you have blanked it every single time without fail, but whatever right?
No, you definitely haven't. It's an accusation you frequently throw into a lengthy diatribe, but I don't remember ever discussing anything about the fairness doctrine on this forum.

I haven't clicked on that thread, because I don't appreciate your trolling and I'm not particularly interested in forum circle jerks and bitchy little cliques and online gossip circles. Clearly, I would rather be talking about the topic at hand. Which is why I take the trouble to respond to your little proclamations with replies that include names of people involved, references to historical context, specific pieces of legislation etc.

One hundred percent of which you generally blank completely.
It's not trolling, the entire forum tires of your lengthy, insult laden diatribes. It's why other members are constantly reporting you and you're ending up pinked. I'm offering you and the other guy who use the forum as their own personal toilet a place to go and do what you want without runing the forum for others. I can't recall the last time you actually responded to me with an honest retort. Generally it's an accusation of some sort, or lately just blatant trolling

Again - want to reset? Want to concede that yes, oftentimes you in fact ARE just trolling me for your own amusement? I have no problem resetting and being entirely civil to you any time, at a moment's notice.
I've never trolled you, and I've tried countless times to just let bygones be bygones, but everytime you have flat refused in favor of overt and publicly admitted trolling. As I've said to you countless times before, it's not everyone else that's the problem.

Forum enemies is stupid bullshit
I'll have to take your word for it, I don't have any. As I've told you before, your perception that I hate you, is imagined.

But if you're just going to sit there and do nothing except keep telling me that your conduct is exemplary at all times and the problem is entirely, 100% me, then this is never going to work.
Everyone on the forum, inclluding the owner of the site has told you that you're the problem, yet you refuse to acknowledge it. You need to learn that words on a screen can lack the context of sarcasm, or dry humor and that not everything written is intended to be taken literally and personally. You also need to stop generalizing everyone who disagrees with you as being the same person, and responsible for participating in the same actions. While you're throwing your tantrums you frequently list things that you find to be offensive that I haven't engaged in.

You also might consider purging the word "troll" from your vocabulary as you constantly misuse the word.

Failing all that, feel free to put me on ignore, it's not like we're dating.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I don't have a strong opinion on it although it strikes me as flowery nonsense.
I have asked you directly probably half a dozen times about it, and this is the first time you have acknowledged its existence.

Well, it's actually really fucking important when it comes to the downfall of quality news reporting in America. It was attacked and repealed for a reason, you know. What happened next - the rise of conservative talk radio and Fox News - was not a coincidence.

No, you definitely haven't. It's an accusation you frequently throw into a lengthy diatribe, but I don't remember ever discussing anything about the fairness doctrine on this forum.
Exactly.

I asked you about it, point blank, multiple times.

You ignored it completely. Every single time.

If you were willing to have an honest, good faith discussion about the current disastrous state of American media, then you would be able to reference the Fairness Doctrine and its repeal, and who killed it and for what reasons, and what was the consequence of that.

But, you aren't.

Same as you'd be able to tell me who or what supercedes the Constitution as far as American public officials are concerned.

But, you won't. You'd rather play silly little games.

That's fine. But don't complain when I tell you that you're not interested in an actual discussion. If you were, you wouldn't spend so much time dancing away from one.

It's not trolling, the entire forum tires of your lengthy, insult laden diatribes. It's why other members are constantly reporting you and you're ending up pinked. I'm offering you and the other guy who use the forum as their own personal toilet a place to go and do what you want without runing the forum for others. I can't recall the last time you actually responded to me with an honest retort. Generally it's an accusation of some sort, or lately just blatant trolling
Yes yes, you are the Big Man on Campus here, you have lots of friends who you exchange PMs with, and I'm a little nobody noob who everybody hates, I get it.

I've never trolled you, and I've tried countless times to just let bygones be bygones, but everytime you have flat refused in favor of overt and publicly admitted trolling. As I've said to you countless times before, it's not everyone else that's the problem.
I respond to what you say, and ask you to back your claims with some sort of context.

I don't understand why being asked to back your claims with some evidence is so offensive to you.

I'll have to take your word for it, I don't have any. As I've told you before, your perception that I hate you, is imagined.
I wouldn't expect that you do hate me.

Hate is a very strong word for someone who you wouldn't recognise if they shared a taxi with you.

Everyone on the forum, inclluding the owner of the site has told you that you're the problem, yet you refuse to acknowledge it. You need to learn that words on a screen can lack the context of sarcasm, or dry humor and that not everything written is intended to be taken literally and personally. You also need to stop generalizing everyone who disagrees with you as being the same person, and responsible for participating in the same actions. While you're throwing your tantrums you frequently list things that you find to be offensive that I haven't engaged in.
I have reached out and attempted to find common ground - for instance, I have no problem outlining specific criticisms of CNN. Or of Biden, or Kamala, or Pelosi or the Squad, or RBG, or Stacy Harris or any Democrat you want to name. No problem with that at all. I even made a thread about left-wing bullshit. Will you outline specific criticisms of the right-wing media or the GOP, which is now an openly anti-democratic party? I haven't seen it. Seen a lot of "both sides are the same, that's it, and nothing you post to indicate otherwise will even be acknowledged", though.

I have also - more than once, I believe - directly apologised to you for ascribing another poster's statement to you, and admitted fault for it. (it's sometimes hard to keep that straight when you're relatively new, avatars are so tiny, and a lot of posters keep repeatedly changing their usernames).

Would you say that you are likely to acknowledge the validity of any point that I have made in response to you?

You also might consider purging the word "troll" from your vocabulary as you constantly misuse the word.
You've never trolled me, not even once. Not even a single time. Not ever. All the fault is on me, your conduct has been exemplary at all times.

Okay, righto. Yeah....... this seems like a good faith hatchet-burying.

Failing all that, feel free to put me on ignore, it's not like we're dating.
Why would I put you on ignore?

Because we only agree 80% politically, and not 100%?

That's a bit ridiculous, isn't it? Where I'm from, disagreement doesn't automatically indicate hatred. I'm having two best men when I get married next year. No combination of the three of us has ever voted for the same party. Sometimes we argue about politics. So what? Sealing ourselves off into an echo chamber where we only consume media or interact with people that will feed us what we want to believe, will never lead us to a good place. Echo chambers are boring and harmful.

??

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I have asked you directly probably half a dozen times about it, and this is the first time you have acknowledged its existence.

Well, it's actually really fucking important when it comes to the downfall of quality news reporting in America. It was attacked and repealed for a reason, you know. What happened next - the rise of conservative talk radio and Fox News - was not a coincidence.

Exactly.

I asked you about it, point blank, multiple times.

You ignored it completely. Every single time.

If you were willing to have an honest, good faith discussion about the current disastrous state of American media, then you would be able to reference the Fairness Doctrine and its repeal, and who killed it and for what reasons, and what was the consequence of that.

But, you aren't.

Same as you'd be able to tell me who or what supercedes the Constitution as far as American public officials are concerned.

But, you won't. You'd rather play silly little games.

That's fine. But don't complain when I tell you that you're not interested in an actual discussion. If you were, you wouldn't spend so much time dancing away from one.

Yes yes, you are the Big Man on Campus here, you have lots of friends who you exchange PMs with, and I'm a little nobody noob who everybody hates, I get it.

I respond to what you say, and ask you to back your claims with some sort of context.

I don't understand why being asked to back your claims with some evidence is so offensive to you.

I wouldn't expect that you do hate me.

Hate is a very strong word for someone who you wouldn't recognise if they shared a taxi with you.

I have reached out and attempted to find common ground - for instance, I have no problem outlining specific criticisms of CNN. Or of Biden, or Kamala, or Pelosi or the Squad, or RBG, or Stacy Harris or any Democrat you want to name. No problem with that at all. I even made a thread about left-wing bullshit. Will you outline specific criticisms of the right-wing media or the GOP, which is now an openly anti-democratic party? I haven't seen it. Seen a lot of "both sides are the same, that's it, and nothing you post to indicate otherwise will even be acknowledged", though.

I have also - more than once, I believe - directly apologised to you for ascribing another poster's statement to you, and admitted fault for it. (it's sometimes hard to keep that straight when you're relatively new, avatars are so tiny, and a lot of posters keep repeatedly changing their usernames).

Would you say that you are likely to acknowledge the validity of any point that I have made in response to you?

You've never trolled me, not even once. Not even a single time. Not ever. All the fault is on me, your conduct has been exemplary at all times.

Okay, righto. Yeah....... this seems like a good faith hatchet-burying.

Why would I put you on ignore?

Because we only agree 80% politically, and not 100%?

That's a bit ridiculous, isn't it? Where I'm from, disagreement doesn't automatically indicate hatred. I'm having two best men when I get married next year. No combination of the three of us has ever voted for the same party. Sometimes we argue about politics. So what? Sealing ourselves off into an echo chamber where we only consume media or interact with people that will feed us what we want to believe, will never lead us to a good place. Echo chambers are boring and harmful.

??
Yep. It's definitely everyone else and not you.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Yep. It's definitely everyone else and not you.
I have been in conflict with two posters.

Sparkuri, for posting garbage direct from Jew-hating white supremacist conspiracy sites.

And you, for being a troll.

You going to tell me I'm not willing to discuss the issue at hand, on topic?

Sure sure.

Even now, you'd rather just tell me what a cunt I am and that nobody likes me, than attempt a genuine reset.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
So the Qanon Shaman pled guilty.

His lawyer says that he has renounced Qanon, and asked that there be no more references to his past affiliation with the movement.

Attorney also says that the Shaman was, quote, "horrendously smitten" by Trump, that he believed Trump called him and other cultists to the Capitol, and that he felt betrayed after the insurrectionists were not pardoned.

After his first month in jail, apparently he "reevaluated his life, expressed regret for having stormed the building, and apologised for having caused fear in others."

In addition to (successfully) going on hunger strike until the jail fed him organic food, the Shaman also requested to be released from jail while he awaits sentencing.

??

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Proud Boys leader urged group not to ‘turn on each other’ in riot probe
“The moment that they think one of the guys flipped, it throws everything off and it makes everybody turn on each other, and that’s what we are trying to f---ing avoid.”