General Civil Unrest MEGATHREAD

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
A cops first course of action is to regain control of the weapon.. regardless if the accused is dead or alive.
I guess. Seems like a silly thing to focus on after he just fired a round into the dude's head.

The report I read said the taser was fired twice. How many charges do those things have?

T

The Big Guy

I guess. Seems like a silly thing to focus on after he just fired a round into the dude's head.

The report I read said the taser was fired twice. How many charges do those things have?
Two in my experience but theres probably new ones

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Two in my experience but theres probably new ones
That's what I thought. Not sure though. If that's a 2 shot taser, it's basically just a plastic toy if it was shot twice. No need for the cop to even be worried about it.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Securing the scene is a silly thing to focus on after feeling so threatened it justified lethal force?
The threat as he perceived it was eliminated.

A better stance for you to take would be the taser still being a threat after 2 shots.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
A better stance for you to take would be the taser still being a threat after 2 shots.
I assume the two tasers missed as the dead guy had his hands on the taser at the time.

I never said the guy wasn’t a legit threat.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I don’t think it’s standard operating procedure to just assume someone is dead and the scene is secure while there is an unsecured weapon.
Probably not. But when a guy is struggling and suddenly goes limp after you put a bullet in his head from point blank range, you don't really need to be a doctor to diagnose him.

And if the cop retrieved the taser from the dead guy, you'd probably be complaining about that instead. Chain of custody and all that.

It's a silly thing to focus on.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
If two taser shots were deployed prior to the shooting and according to @The Big Guy, tasers only hold two shots. What threat to his life did that coo feel when he was full mount on that guys back?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I assume the two tasers missed as the dead guy had his hands on the taser at the time.

I never said the guy wasn’t a legit threat.
From a still frame of the video, it looks like the taser is a 7 CQ. I believe that particular taser only carries 2 shots.

If 2 shots were already fired, the cop had no reason to be all that worried about it. If the cop was in fear for his life, he could have just stood up and backed away. If the guy runs at you, take him out. If he runs away, waive good-bye and call it in on the radio. Again - it was a traffic stop over a license plate.

As so many of these go - both the victim and the cop have fault. One - STOP FUCKING RESISTING. And for the cop - de-escalation is a practice completely absent from just about all of these shootings.

Again - that's IF the taser was empty of usable rounds.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
From a still frame of the video, it looks like the taser is a 7 CQ. I believe that particular taser only carries 2 shots.

If 2 shots were already fired, the cop had no reason to be all that worried about it. If the cop was in fear for his life, he could have just stood up and backed away. If the guy runs at you, take him out. If he runs away, waive good-bye and call it in on the radio. Again - it was a traffic stop over a license plate.

As so many of these go - both the victim and the cop have fault. One - STOP FUCKING RESISTING. And for the cop - de-escalation is a practice completely absent from just about all of these shootings.

Again - that's IF the taser was empty of usable rounds.
I’m glad I was able to help you understand the situation.