Lifestyle Classic Crocs are the best footwear for boating/fishing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Your criteria was boating/fishing. Not trudging through the bayou.

Even at that, questioning the durability of them makes you sound a lot like a guy who hasn't owned a pair and worn them hard.
I have a rotting pair in the garage that got 2 years of use. I just find the Croc to be better all-around footwear for the price.

If I wanted to be a true tool, I would get some high-end Sebagos

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Also, Crocs have a boating version that’s very comfortable.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It's not, but my wife is from RJ, hundreds of miles south of the Amazon
I'd expect anyone who lived in Brazil would be aware of what lurks in the rainforest.

I don't live in the Yukon, but I still know that polar bears are more terrifying than. Well, pretty much anything.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
You honestly pretending the Everglades is a harder place to live than the Amazon?
We have the largest swamp in the country pretty much in my backyard and it’s 600k acres. I’ve lived here my entire life and still get uneasy in it because it’s easy to get lost and end up somewhere you’ve never even seen before. I couldn’t imagine trying to navigate the fucking Amazon lol

M

member 3289

I'd expect anyone who lived in Brazil would be aware of what lurks in the rainforest.

I don't live in the Yukon, but I still know that polar bears are more terrifying than. Well, pretty much anything.
You still don't know shit about swamp shoes, yankee

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I couldn’t imagine trying to navigate the fucking Amazon lol
I finished reading the Lost City of Z a couple weeks ago. It's pretty much just an endless parade of stories where world renowned explorers go in and never come back. Even people in modern times either vanish or end up held hostage. Fucking lunacy.

M

member 3289

We have the largest swamp in the country pretty much in my backyard and it’s 600k acres. I’ve lived here my entire life and still get uneasy in it because it’s easy to get lost and end up somewhere you’ve never even seen before. I couldn’t imagine trying to navigate the fucking Amazon lol
Getting stuck in the Everglades at this time of year would be almost certain death.

I'd still take it over getting stuck in the Amazon.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Getting stuck in the Everglades at this time of year would be almost certain death.

I'd still take it over getting stuck in the Amazon.
Here as well, loads of rain have opened up ways to new bodies of water and it’s easy to get turned around. You can even get stranded in a remote lake when the tide goes out and leaves you with no way out.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I finished reading the Lost City of Z a couple weeks ago. It's pretty much just an endless parade of stories where world renowned explorers go in and never come back. Even people in modern times either vanish or end up held hostage. Fucking lunacy.
I might read it...did you see the movie? was actually pretty good...did they differ?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I might read it...did you see the movie? was actually pretty good...did they differ?
Didn't see the movie. Heard the book was good (I think on the JRE) and stumbled across it in a thrift store (where I buy most of my books) I'd say I'll send it to you, but it'll cost me more to ship it than it'd cost you to buy it from Amazon.

From what I know, the movie doesn't feature the author where the book does. The book juxtaposes Fawcett's path against that of the author who's basically trying to retrace his steps.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I bet. We have people get lost, drown, or die to wildlife in the Atchafalaya often. I’ve never thought much about it, but people that visit are amazed by the basin’s size and the wildlife there.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I bet. We have people get lost, drown, or die to wildlife in the Atchafalaya often. I’ve never thought much about it, but people that visit are amazed by the basin’s size and the wildlife there.
The price you pay for living in the waterfowl funnel.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Didn't see the movie. Heard the book was good (I think on the JRE) and stumbled across it in a thrift store (where I buy most of my books) I'd say I'll send it to you, but it'll cost me more to ship it than it'd cost you to buy it from Amazon.

From what I know, the movie doesn't feature the author where the book does. The book juxtaposes Fawcett's path against that of the author who's basically trying to retrace his steps.
thanks

movie is on amazon prime video if you are interested

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Me no Amazon Prime. Think it's worth it?
oh i dunno
if you watch series and shows it might be...if you buy a month you can open free 7 day trials on any premium cable channel like hbo showtime cinemax stars etc....other ways to get all that of course but we have it cause we order an item every now and then and shipping is cheaper with it

may even have a free week for amazon prime itself...I dunno