Classic video game recommendations?? (N64, SNES, Genesis, NES, PS1 etc)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
So the thread title says it all. Lately I've been on a massive kick of classic video games. I've discovered emulators recently and it's life changing! I've gone back and played so many great games I had not even thought about in years, practically reliving my childhood.

I'm looking for some recommendations on games across all systems - from the Atari right up to the N64/PS1 era. I've played most games from my past at this point and am looking for new classics to enjoy!

Whatever you guys got - annnnything - post it here! A little later I will post up some of the games I have (it's too much to type out on the phone after writing this long post) and let you guys know which ones I've really been digging.

Playing the 64 a lot lately and its just awesome to revisit games like Goldeneye, Donkey Kong64, Banjo Kazooie, WCW/nWo Revenge, Super Mario64, Rampage64, Gex the Gecko, Super Smash Bros... I could go on forever - and that's just a few from one system.

Anyway... Recommendations across all systems until PS1/N64 era.... Go!

P

Punch

Secret of Mana
Super Metroid
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Earthworm Jim
Super Mario RPG
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Desert Strike
Pro Wrestling
Excite Bike
Banjo Kazooie
Ocarina of Time
Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy 3, 7, and 9
Smash Bros.

...that should keep you busy for a while, homie. :D

Stickgrappler

Apr 17, 2015
Atari Lynx ... handheld, about same time as Nintendo Gameboy

GAUNTLET - classic arcade game, 4 players, on mynx, it's 2 player, you need a cable to connect

ELECTROCOP - side shooter, as well as navigate maze

Stickgrappler

Apr 17, 2015
For oldschool NES

Will add to Alienator's excellent list...

TETRIS

I got so hooked on it, I played almost nonstop from Friday night to Sunday night

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015
I'd throw in:
Dragon Warrior
Xenogears
Final Fantasy Tactics
Chrono Trigger
A link to the past

Sleazy_Martinez

Jizzlobber
May 6, 2015
Smash TV!

Maybe the closest thing to a Running Man video game there is. Unless they brought out a Running Man game? I can't remember.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
This is the greatest video game ever created, and you're doing yourself a huge disservice if you're not playing it:

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Loved that game! Probably my favourite NES game. Hard as hell when I was that young though, still damn unforgiving now.
I agree that it was hard ,I never beat dr.wily in the final level. The sounds and the graphics where mind blowing for an nes game,using the different suits was cool too.

Oct 24, 2015
Turok N64, Dino Crisis PS1, Perfect Dark N64, Legacy of Kane Soul Reaver PS1, Jet Moto PS1, Cool Borders PS1, Maximum Carnage SNES, Rock n Roll Racing SNES, Devil May Cry PS1, Toejam and Earl Sega, Earthworm Jim Sega

Oct 24, 2015
Superman 64. I kid I kid. My girls and I are playing Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past and MGS. Chrono Trigger is a must play in my list. Battle Toads if you want to throw your control at the TV. That game was tough.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
A lot of good games have been recommended already for the 64. I still play Mario kart 64 to this day. Its my all time favorite system.

For the NES

Gunsmoke
Super Mario 3
Contra
TMNT
Metroid
Zelda
Pro Wrestling
Mike Tyson's punch out
Tecmo Bowl
Double dribble

What are these emulators you guys talk so highly of?