Classic video game recommendations?? (N64, SNES, Genesis, NES, PS1 etc)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zimbaly

Lurker
Oct 26, 2015
God Mutant League Football and Hockey are must plays for classic sports games. I don't know if you're into patching games, but I'd highly recommend the Final Fantasy games that never made it here for nes and snes. Also Dual Orb 2 was good as well.

There's some other series like Langrisser which is an rpg series. Star Ocean for snes is great as well. Truly a shame it never made over here back in the day.

I'll just give a basic list I guess other then the ones mentioned.

SNES: Front Mission, Ogre Battle, Knights of the Round, Lennus 1 and 2, Seiken Densetsu 3, Everquest, Starfox, Star Wars games, Tales Of Phantasia, Castlevania, Super Metroid, Legend of the Mystical Ninja *also had a n64 game*, Bases Loaded, Brawl Brothers, Rival Turf, The Peace Keepers, Earth Defense Force, Ignition Factor, R-Type.

Genesis: Phantasy Star 2, 3, 4, Shinning Force 1 and 2, Eternal Champions, Streets Of Rage, NHL 93 or 92, Warsong/Langrisser, Another World, Flashback, ESWAT, ECCO, Ghouls and Ghost.

N64: Mystical Ninja, Operation Winback, Zelda.

PS1: Chrono Cross, Tales of Destiny, Star Ocean, Lunar 1 and 2, Bushido Blade 1 and 2, Battle Arena Toshinden 1 - 3, Breath of Fire 3 and 4, Castlevania Symphony Of The Night *probably the best of all the games*, Fade To Black *the third in the another world/flashback series*, Front Mission 3, Grandia 1, Ehrgeiz *kind of a crazy fighting game* Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 or 3.

Hope that helps man.

Rampage is on Twitch. Dude is a trip carnalito he play videos games.It's fun.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Mario bros and duckhunt on nes (player 2 controller controls the duck!)
Street Fighter 2 ,mortal kombat, zelda on snes
Mariokart on 64
UFC on dreamcast
Tekken tag and pride fc on ps2

Obi-Wan-In-A-Million

I'm the Wan you've been looking for.
Oct 29, 2015
I'd throw in:
Dragon Warrior
Xenogears
Final Fantasy Tactics
Chrono Trigger
A link to the past
Chrono Trigger and A Link To The Past are my two favorite games. Hell, I named my youngest son after Link. I threw the name out there kinda half assed, but my wife loved it!

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
I loved the Sega version of home alone. You have to collect parts to build the traps to stop marv and harry, while they are robbing houses.

ManDingo

Your Mother’s Lover
Dec 10, 2021
So the thread title says it all. Lately I've been on a massive kick of classic video games. I've discovered emulators recently and it's life changing! I've gone back and played so many great games I had not even thought about in years, practically reliving my childhood.

I'm looking for some recommendations on games across all systems - from the Atari right up to the N64/PS1 era. I've played most games from my past at this point and am looking for new classics to enjoy!

Whatever you guys got - annnnything - post it here! A little later I will post up some of the games I have (it's too much to type out on the phone after writing this long post) and let you guys know which ones I've really been digging.

Playing the 64 a lot lately and its just awesome to revisit games like Goldeneye, Donkey Kong64, Banjo Kazooie, WCW/nWo Revenge, Super Mario64, Rampage64, Gex the Gecko, Super Smash Bros... I could go on forever - and that's just a few from one system.

Anyway... Recommendations across all systems until PS1/N64 era.... Go!
Goldeneye is GOAT game for 64
Mario cart was cool to play with friends
Didn’t see Turok on your list???

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Some nes games that were favorites of mine but usually don't make any lists:

-Bubble Bobble 2: Rainbow Islands (pretty sure this is different from the regular bubble bobble 2)

-Ninja Crusader, where depending on what ninja weapon you have you can morph into a different animal, excellent music

-Willow, the game based on the movie, was decent

-Kid Icarus

My favorite atari game (besides lost luggage when you see the underwear and bowling because I always won): Vanguard

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Obviously Goldeneye for the N64, no competition

Romance of the Three Kingdoms II for the SNES

BrankoCikatic

Feb 23, 2022
this thread is gold. i just read through it and i'm not sure i have anything to add.

i do have a softspot for early dynasty warriors games. lu bu? cmon. that's ps2 though i believe.