Lifestyle Cleaned out the gutters on my house today...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Too windy to spray the houses, but I’m almost done with my garden area. Just need to put up a little fence around it to try to keep the rabbits out. Everything will go in containers except the rhubarb and a raspberry bush that I just planted next to the house opposite side of the AC. The rhubarb has been there for about 20 years and is a great producer, almost ripe. Can’t wait for some pie.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Too windy to spray the houses, but I’m almost done with my garden area. Just need to put up a little fence around it to try to keep the rabbits out. Everything will go in containers except the rhubarb and a raspberry bush that I just planted next to the house opposite side of the AC. The rhubarb has been there for about 20 years and is a great producer, almost ripe. Can’t wait for some pie.
What the hell is a rhubarb?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

don't eat rhubarb leaves, you probably already know this

I know a guy who called bragging he had just eaten a large bowl of the leaves and that it was delicious

I told him to go to hospital and maybe get stomach pumped, can ruin your kidneys...stalks have much less toxicity

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
don't eat rhubarb leaves, you probably already know this

I know a guy who called bragging he had just eaten a large bowl of the leaves and that it was delicious

I told him to go to hospital and maybe get stomach pumped, can ruin your kidneys...stalks have much less toxicity
Yep, even the bunnies won’t eat them.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Never thought of that. There was a patch on the edge of my grandma’s yard and we would hammer that shit when we were young.
I think it is best to cook them also...I have only had them cooked and sweetened
Pies or Crisps or in Jam

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018

You guys make jam with the raspberries?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This sounds like the worst plant ever. You should grow weed instead and cook with that.

Last edited:

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

Lamont Cranston @Lamont Cranston, if you're looking for something else to do you could build this savage a privacy fence.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You guys make jam with the raspberries?
I just planted it today. We got it from a clipping from a neighbor that removed their bush. It was super prolific when they had it. It’s been sitting in a pot for about 2 years before today. Hopefully it will start producing next year. I’ll make some jam when we get enough.