Lifestyle Cleaned out the gutters on my house today...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
I think it is best to cook them also...I have only had them cooked and sweetened
Pies or Crisps or in Jam
Rhubarb crumble is abso-fucking-lutely delicious.

We had a rhubarb patch in the garden when I was a kid, my mum's rhubarb crumble was worth fighting over.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015

We had a rhubarb patch in the garden when I was a kid, my mum's rhubarb crumble was worth fighting over.

Same here in my grannys garden when I was a kid, used to make tarts and crumbles, home made rhubarb and ginger jam was lovely as well.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Same here in my grannys garden when I was a kid, used to make tarts and crumbles, home made rhubarb and ginger jam was lovely as well.
Yeah, and as long as you harvest the rhubarb when it's new grown, rather than the tougher older growth, you're golden.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
This sounds like the worst plant ever. You should grow weed instead and cook with that.
Just ran out of last years crop at the end of last month.

I have realized buying weed is for the birds. Legal shit is not worth the price.

This year I have to double the outdoor crop. Told the little lady the other day, we are doing half as much tomato & pepper plants this year to make room for more pot plants. Foot for foot garden space, you cant beat weed. We can buy all the kale, peppers and tomatoes at the farmers market she wants and still save tons growing the ganga.

Last edited:

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Your moms rhubarb pie brought all the boys to the yard