General Climate Change

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Here's my take on it. Is it a thing? Yea probably.

Could I give a fuck? Hell no.

I'll be long gone before it counts, so fuck it.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You got a solution that will have a meaningful effect on climate change that also doesn't plunge large swaths of the planet into abject poverty and starvation?
yes, it's called Eat The Rich.

there's ample resources for all the humans on this planet if there wasn't 1% of the population trying to out-possess everyone else.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Here's my take on it. Is it a thing? Yea probably.

Could I give a fuck? Hell no.

I'll be long gone before it counts, so fuck it.
I've been reading about ancient dinosaurs and dinomorphs.

This planet is going to shake us off like a dog with fleas if we don't get our shit together and figure out how to send consciousness in to space.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
did those 1% steal those resources from people?
yes. They inherited a system built to do precisely that.

Remember when Trump and Biden printed $9T in the course of a year?
that was the 1% stealing everything everyone is going to earn for the next 15 years.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
yes. They inherited a system built to do precisely that.

Remember when Trump and Biden printed $9T in the course of a year?
that was the 1% stealing everything everyone is going to earn for the next 15 years.
sounds like by 1% you mean the government stole if so then yes I agree.

However I do not and will not support stupid ass violent french revolution guillotine ideological slogans like eat/kill the rich.

Even with our top 1% getting richer and richer over the last 50 years poverty all over the glob has decreased by incredible amounts. We've become incredibly efficient at farming.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
sounds like by 1% you mean the government stole if so then yes I agree.

However I do not and will not support stupid ass violent french revolution guillotine ideological slogans like eat/kill the rich.

Even with our top 1% getting richer and richer over the last 50 years poverty all over the glob has decreased by incredible amounts. We've become incredibly efficient at farming.
the government is subservient to the 1%.

the wealth and purchasing power of the 1% has grown exponentially since Wilson, the working and middle class have remained flat. That's because a central bank prints money and gives it to the 1% to loan out.

just because technology has managed to keep up doesn't mean the system is working for us.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016

the wealth and purchasing power of the 1% has grown exponentially since Wilson, the working and middle class have remained flat. That's because a central bank prints money and gives it to the 1% to loan out.

just because technology has managed to keep up doesn't mean the system is working for us.
you do realize that very few of the people and families who were 1% at the time of Wilson still hold any real power. Google, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Tesla etc etc are all relatively new companies unthought of at the time. Shit Kanye, Oprah, Jordan, Lebron, Dana White and more all new billionaires. That is more upward mobility than any nation in the history of the world has ever seen.

Yes our central banking is fucked and is printing gajillions of $$ that will one day come home to roost. Fucking the middle and lower classes for sure. But the answer to that isn't hey lets go eat Bezos. Or take things from him that literally millions of people (including myself and probably you too) have willingly given him.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016

I can agree with a lot of this though as well. Covid lockdowns were a huge wealth theft from the lower and middle classes. But i don't blame bezos. I blame Pelosi, Fauci, etc

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
you do realize that very few of the people and families who were 1% at the time of Wilson still hold any real power. Google, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Tesla etc etc are all relatively new companies unthought of at the time. Shit Kanye, Oprah, Jordan, Lebron, Dana White and more all new billionaires. That is more upward mobility than any nation in the history of the world has ever seen.

Yes our central banking is fucked and is printing gajillions of $$ that will one day come home to roost. Fucking the middle and lower classes for sure. But the answer to that isn't hey lets go eat Bezos. Or take things from him that literally millions of people (including myself and probably you too) have willingly given him.
the solution isn't to take anything from anyone.

"One Day" is literally today.

You think that Dana White and Lebron are examples of the system working? a guy who can throw a ball in a little hoop and a guy who pays people to try and kill each other? Throw Bob Guiccione on that list.

how rich is Ingo Potrykus? How about Satoshi Omura? but serial sex offenders can sign $50M/yr salaries because they throw ball far. throw ball good. run ball fast.

Kanye and Oprah? why not throw in The Kardashians as an example of the how cronyism works for everyone.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
the solution isn't to take anything from anyone.

"One Day" is literally today.

You think that Dana White and Lebron are examples of the system working? a guy who can throw a ball in a little hoop and a guy who pays people to try and kill each other? Throw Bob Guiccione on that list.

how rich is Ingo Potrykus? How about Satoshi Omura? but serial sex offenders can sign $50M/yr salaries because they throw ball far. throw ball good. run ball fast.

Kanye and Oprah? why not throw in The Kardashians as an example of the how cronyism works for everyone.
i think when millions of people decide to give other people the fruit of their own labor in legal ways that is between those two parties and has fuck all to do with you or i. So yes Lebron and Dana getting that much money is A ok by me. I've never given any to Lebron but i've shelled out for more than my fair share of UFC events over the years and I know I ain't the only one.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Anyone ever envision a day when the left would be foot soldiers and defenders of Big Govt, corrupt politicians, Big Pharm, Wall Street, and Big Corporations? Communism. Everything they claimed to despise for decades. Go along, get along gang. Victims of the media.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
SLOW DAY IN POLITICS EH?
LET'S FUCKING ARGUE ABOUT THE GOD DAMNED WEATHER, YOU LIMEY PRICKS!

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
i think when millions of people decide to give other people the fruit of their own labor in legal ways that is between those two parties and has fuck all to do with you or i. So yes Lebron and Dana getting that much money is A ok by me. I've never given any to Lebron but i've shelled out for more than my fair share of UFC events over the years and I know I ain't the only one.
right, there's nothing unethical about it in it's "pure" form. But it's also a system that rewards the businesses that are best at playing to base instincts. And it's also a system that has several tiers of citizenship, because the legal system that's available to R.Kelly isn't available to you and me.

I'm OK with stating that this is the worst form of self-government, except all the others that have been tried, and it's a system that is designed to get worse for the worst off and better for the best off.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
But it's also a system that rewards the businesses that are best at playing to base instincts.
idk if i call freedom to decide where, when, and how to spend your $ a system. The richest people in our society are those who bring a product that has been purchased by the most people. Thats a good thing. I should own and be able to choose how to spend the fruit of my labor as i see fit.

You may not like how people choose to spend $ but nobody is being strong armed into these purchases. Unless your talking about healthcare and or taxes.

and it's a system that is designed to get worse for the worst off and better for the best off.
this is just plain untrue. the worst off in our society both have and have access to far far more than they did even just decades ago. Yes that's is in large part due to technology but we don't get technology without both massive wealth concentration and then investment. Not to mention access to all the social safety net spending in our society.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The richest people in our society are those who bring a product that has been purchased by the most people.
that's not how the system works, that's how the system is marketed.

the worst off in our society both have and have access to far far more than they did even just decades ago.
yes, but that's in spite of the system not because of it. And it's not accounting for the opportunity cost of so much wealth being centralized with so few investors.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
that's not how the system works, that's how the system is marketed.
Musk, Bezos, Gates, and Zuck are the 4 richest people in the us right now. Which of them have not created a product being used by literal millions if not billions of people???

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Musk, Bezos, Gates, and Zuck are the 4 richest people in the us right now. Which of them have not created a product being used by literal millions if not billions of people???
which of them started from outside the 1%?

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Bezos & Zuck.

but also literally all of these people i listed above

Oprah, Jordan, Lebron, Dana.

add Dr Dre, George Lucas, and more.

Pretty damn impressive mobility

I mean not everyone becomes billionaires but the fact there are several people who can create empires from very little in a relatively short time in our country is pretty fucking unique and should be celebrated.