CM Punk 'shooting for December' to make his UFC debut

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Phil Brooks -- said he's "shooting" to make his professional mixed martial arts debut in December. The UFC has one pay-per-view, UFC 194, scheduled that month, on Dec. 5.

"I say this all the time: I'd love to fight tomorrow," Punk told UFC.com. "But I want to be as prepared as I possibly can be and I will be. I'm still shooting for December. It might be January. I'm not sure, but I'll be ready when I fight."

Punk, 36, has been training at Roufusport Academy in Milwaukee since January. The gym is home to former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis and the Asia-based ONE welterweight champion Ben Askren, among others.

The former professional wrestler had no MMA experience when he announced he had signed with the UFC late last year. He is expected to fight in the welterweight division.

Punk has long stated the final decision on when he will make his debut is up to Roufusport coach Duke Roufus.

"I don't ask my coaches, 'How did I do today? Am I ready?' " Punk said. "They say, 'Come back at 7' and I come back at 7. They tell me to mop, I mop. They tell me to sweep, I sweep. If they tell me to work the mitts or come in and work extra, I do it."

LINK to full story: CM Punk aims to make UFC debut in December

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I wish him well with it, it wasn't him that agreed to let him do it. He wants the challenge all the power, I'll watch.

If he can do ok and ZUFFA still gets egg (Hee) on their face somehow that's win/win for me.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I find him refreshingly honest about a lot stuff. Maybe a bit delusional about what he can do here, but if he wants to learn that hard way, something I wouldn't do, I respect that.

It's Zuffa that are never honest about this stuff.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
He seems like a good guy...humble, knows his place in the food chain. I have no issue with him personally.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i guess they must have their eye on some bum thats 0-5 that they will put him in with, then if he wins they will praise him and eventual get him hurt.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
No problem with him, just the whole situation is bullshit
My opinion as well. He seems like a genuinely nice, hard working guy. But if you're marketing your promotion as the "Super Bowl of MMA", you simply can't sign this guy.