CM Punk's fight has been delayed.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

JimmyCage

Oct 25, 2015

CM Punk's UFC debut has been delayed.

The former WWE champion turned MMA fighter is scheduled to undergo back surgery in Chicago on Wednesday due to a herniated disc, MMAFighting.com has learned.

Punk, née Phil Brooks, has been battling a lingering back injury from his years as a professional wrestler. Recently, the injury worsened.

"My back has always bugged me," Punk told MMAFighting.com. "Figured it was just wrestling sh*t. Turns out it was.

LINK: CM Punk to undergo back surgery on Wednesday; UFC debut delayed

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Started really bothering him right after the Mickey Gall fight. Some people have the worst luck.
exactly..what a fkn joke..How bout doing this before you decide to sign up for a ass whippn...

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015
Never seen him 'wrestle' but I wish him all the best with that, back problems are a bitch. That said, I really do not see this guy competing in mixed martial arts... ever. Nothing against him but people who have competed in MMA their entire adult lives are still at a considerable disadvantage when they compete at his age, let alone someone who has never competed in MMA and looking to make their debut at 37 years old.

In my opinion, to even introduce this Mickey Gall guy as an opponent was an absolute fuck up of a way to do it. If they wanted to find an opponent for him they should have just gone full 'entertainment value' and brought in someone similar to age and experience. Not some up and coming prospect that is coming into their fighting prime and looking to make a name for themselves in the biggest way possible. Just make the freak show fight and enjoy it for what it is rather than trying to bring him in as this amazing prospect. The whole debacle is a joke and insulting to the actual mixed martial artists who they have on their roster.

P

Punch

Never seen him 'wrestle' but I wish him all the best with that, back problems are a bitch. That said, I really do not see this guy competing in mixed martial arts... ever. Nothing against him but people who have competed in MMA their entire adult lives are still at a considerable disadvantage when they compete at his age, let alone someone who has never competed in MMA and looking to make their debut at 37 years old.

In my opinion, to even introduce this Mickey Gall guy as an opponent was an absolute fuck up of a way to do it. If they wanted to find an opponent for him they should have just gone full 'entertainment value' and brought in someone similar to age and experience. Not some up and coming prospect that is coming into their fighting prime and looking to make a name for themselves in the biggest way possible. Just make the freak show fight and enjoy it for what it is rather than trying to bring him in as this amazing prospect. The whole debacle is a joke and insulting to the actual mixed martial artists who they have on their roster.
Well fucking said homie.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015

They meant, his fight in the game... he will fight in the game. It's all just a misunderstanding ;)

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Bingo. We all saw this coming. Just not so quickly. Let's just call it off and move on so we can forget about it like we forgot about the James Toney incident. (sorry for the reminder)

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
"It got bad enough to the point where I couldn't do anything the week before I went to train with the New Jersey Devils last month. One day I could manage, the next day I couldn't. I've been in agony for almost a month. Chiropractor, acupuncture, massage, cryotherapy ... nothing worked."
We're done here, folks. CM Punk is not fighting in UFC.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Feel bad for Mickey. He was probably looking forward to fighting one of the new UFC poster boys. Hopefully they get him a match up quickly so he can start preparing for a different opponent. Wish CM all the best in his recovery but Dana, please end the circus surrounding him. I know Dana will see this message and take it to heart :p

digthisbigcrux

Dreams are free, motherfucker
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
no disrespect to him, but let's just end this fucking charade now. You have a healthy bank account, Phil. Lose the straight edge lifestyle, have a beer and spend your days laying out on the beach. Start a YouTube/Periscope page if you really need to scratch the itch of being in front of a camera

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Phil Brooks isnt gonna fight in the UFC this was a circus move. Gall would totally humiliate him so the excuse horn started sounding

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Maybe the fact that Zuffa couldn't care less about him and half hope he get's mauled hard style, to pull over some of that; just getting too old for wrasslin demographic caught up with him.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Gall is more pissed his big payday pussed out and he is back in the 10/10 land. Probably gonna have to fight Pettis next so they can have a excuse to cut him.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
The most POed person probably is Rockhold. He wanted to fight at UFC 200 and hinted that he only signed on for 199 because Punk was the co-main and would bump up PPV sales.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Props to those who said from the beginning he would never fight. I thought he eventually would, but against a total no-hoper. Clearly not happening now.