Coach: Conor McGregor 'too clean' for Tony Ferguson; fans prefer Nate Diaz trilogy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015
Someone told me today N8 wants 20 MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I don't get the debate here the fight with Ferguson is mandatory if he doesn't fight Ferg dawg he will have to vacate the title at lightweight.

the fight with Nate is just some arbitrary money fight that has no effect on rankings in any weight class.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Ferguson vs Nate... Damn that actually gives me goose bumps to think about

10th Planet vs Gracie... Oh SNAP!

Edit - Off topic and irrelevant, but I wonder if Edgie Brah knows he
has to rename 10th Planet to 9th Planet cuz Pluto got demoted
as the 9th planet so now there is only 8 planets so 10th Planet
becomes 9th in the current scenario
nate is ranked too low for Ferguson to fight him.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Vacate and fight the fight we want to see. He will make a shit ton more fighting Nate
exactly. Promoters use the belt to add importance to fights that the Casuals might watch. Conor doesn't need the belt to make fights interesting, or attract Casuals, at this point in his career. Especially in a fight with Nate.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
wtf is nate ranked at nowadays?

He's beaten the champ...so anything is marketable, this the NEW AGE.
he beat the champ is a non title fight at 170 lbs conor also avenged that loss.

tony Ferguson is the 155 lb champ so that win is not relevant for the lightweight title .

I agree that nate vs conor is a marketable money fight but it has zero to do with the 155 lb title or any rankings Conor has a mandatory defense vs ferg loco or he will vacate the title at 155 lbs by fighting nate.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
exactly. Promoters use the belt to add importance to fights that the Casuals might watch. Conor doesn't need the belt to make fights interesting, or attract Casuals, at this point in his career. Especially in a fight with Nate.
I agree I'm guessing he will vacate but this also devalues the 155 title rankings and title seem to have less importance in 2017 with the michael bisping vs gsp fights and conor making his own fights.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
he beat the champ is a non title fight at 170 lbs conor also avenged that loss.

tony Ferguson is the 155 lb champ so that win is not relevant for the lightweight title .

I agree that nate vs conor is a marketable money fight but it has zero to do with the 155 lb title or any rankings Conor has a mandatory defense vs ferg loco or he will vacate the title at 155 lbs by fighting nate.
All I'm saying is that's what your criterea is, I don't necessarily disagree, but think that the UFC nowadays will always go for a "name" over a right to a title.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
All I'm saying is that's what your criterea is, I don't necessarily disagree, but think that the UFC nowadays will always go for a "name" over a right to a title.
I agree with what you are saying I'm just saying the rankings and title hold little value if they meant something he would have to defend vs tony Ferguson as a mandatory defense.

instead of some exhibition match fight vs nate that has no bearing on 155 or 170 lbs divisions.

that nate vs conor fight will make money but it doesn't really mean anything in the mma rankings or titles .

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I agree with what you are saying I'm just saying the rankings and title hold little value if they meant something he would have to defend vs tony Ferguson as a mandatory defense.

instead of some exhibition match fight vs nate that has no bearing on 155 or 170 lbs divisions.

that nate vs conor fight will make money but it doesn't really mean anything in the mma rankings or titles .
Would look bad if the champ lost to anybody but the interim. Thing is does Conor want to fight?

I started this initially thinking you meant Tony can't fight Nate. But the discussion holds regardless

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I believe Conor would murder Tony in a way that would make us all fear for Tyron and everyone at 170

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
The UFC needs to try and regain legitimacy(I almost laughed at this myself as I"m sure many of you will, but seriously). The Ferguson fight needs to happen. If they're going to continue with this Interim title shit, then atleast let it mean that you're the number one contender, next in line for the real thing.

Can't stand how MMA is essentially no better than WWE with some of this bullshit.

Whats the point in a number one contender facing opponent after opponent, going on a 9 fight win streak and winning a "title elimnator/interim title" only not to get a shot at the belt and then have a guy ranked below you, who's been less active, has a worse record and is 3 and 4 in his last 7, get a shot because "it's a bigger fight"

Diaz should just retire if he never wants to fight anyone but Conor ever again, fuck right off is what he should do.

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
What would be nice is if Nate fought Ferguson first because the winner would immediately emerge with a lot of heat and a title of course. Nate wants big money only though so likely wouldn't take that fight.
It'd be better than Nate just getting a shot without having earned it, that's for sure.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
nate is ranked too low for Ferguson to fight him.
that's true based on UFC rankings but who follows that shit? Not even the UFC when they put together fights. Money and ratings don't care for rankings, I prefer more organized legitimate contenders fighting but I sure will not complain if money fights were put together.

Except Bisping vs GSP, not that I'm not interested but that fight is not the money fight or the proper contender fight.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Dangerous matchup ..

Ferg has very similar skills to Nate in regards to Cardio/Jits..

Ferg I'd say is even more aggressive with his submissions attempts.

Conor doesnt catch Ferg early he's F'd shouldnthe fight go past the 2nd