Coach Kavanagh says he drifted apart from McGregor after UFC 194

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

SBG Ireland head coach, John Kavangh, talks about how he and McGregor almost drifted apart after UFC 194.

Things changed in a big way for Conor McGregor at UFC 194. McGregor knocked out Jose Aldo to become UFC featherweight champion and the Irishman cemented himself as one of the biggest stars in the sporting world.

With great power, though, comes great responsibility.

McGregor’s long time coach, friend and mentor, John Kavanagh, says the two almost drifted apart as ‘The Notorious’ changed his training schedule and began showing up to SBG Ireland at 10 or sometimes 11 p.m.

"No tension," Kavanagh said to Ariel Helwani in studio on The MMA Hour, per MMA Fighting’s Marc Raimondi. "No bad feelings or anything like that. It's just like, ‘Oh, I guess that's how he's doing it now.' He's…

Coach drifted apart from McGregor after UFC 194

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I listened to this on Ariel and kept rewinding to find out the moment in time as he seemed to be jumping around trying to explain it and I couldn't piece it together (yes, I'm lazy but was also driving at the time - for the health and safety people, i was using the on board rewind and not doing it in my phone)......thought you all should know that this now makes more sense and I'm closing this issue down in my mind......

Thanks wizilde.....