Coach: Phone call from White made Aldo decide to keep fighting

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

In 2015, former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo has already been contemplating retirement. It was right before his highlight reel 13-second knockout loss to Conor McGregor at UFC 194 in December of that said year.

Aldo ended up fighting on, and was even able to regain the 145-pound title. But according to his coach Andre Pederneieras, it was a phone call from UFC president Dana White that made the 31-year-old fighter decide to put his retirement plans on hold.

“He didn’t want to fight MMA anymore,” Pederneiras said while speaking to Brazilian journalists. With the negative from the UFC, ‘OK, he retired.’ The next day, Dana called me and said,…

Coach: Phone call from Dana White made Jose Aldo decide to keep fighting

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
Says he wants a big fight at 155lbs? Cool

Also the article confuses me a tad. Did he call him before the Conor fight or did he call him before the Stephens fight?

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
“He didn’t want to fight MMA anymore,” Pederneiras said while speaking to Brazilian journalists. With the negative from the UFC, ‘OK, he retired.’ The next day, Dana called me and said,…
"DON'T RETIRE YOU GOOF!!"

Muridae83

Posting Machine
Nov 3, 2016
I think u guys are missing the big picture here... if Dana called Aldo and told him to keep fighting.... that means those brazilians understand english!

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Make Aldo vs Nate Diaz or Alvarez.
I would give Aldo somebody a little lower on the food chain or at least somebody closer to his frame size. How about Barboza who is coming off of a loss also or maybe Chandler?

Maybe Aldo should stay where he is at since Holloway is probably outgrowing the division. Aldo would probably win the title back if that happens.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I would give Aldo somebody a little lower on the food chain or at least somebody closer to his frame size. How about Barboza who is coming off of a loss also or maybe Chandler?

Maybe Aldo should stay where he is at since Holloway is probably outgrowing the division. Aldo would probably win the title back if that happens.
Eddie isn't bigger and I like that nate doesn't have ko power and would eat leg kicks all night.

Last edited:

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Yeah that makes sense also on both counts.
Plus I was thinking vs nate that get him paid well and a very favorable match up.. Who would you want him to fight?
Edit..I see you want Barboza fight..I like that fight but he said he wants big fights..I think aldos better boxing is the difference vs Edson.

Last edited:

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Sorry, I was looking at a ranking that had all weight classes on it. Forget Chandler. Maybe Gaethje?
The Nate fight intrigues me but only if Jose will go back to his leg kicks. He has seemed hesitant to use them lately.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Sorry, I was looking at a ranking that had all weight classes on it. Forget Chandler. Maybe Gaethje?
The Nate fight intrigues me but only if Jose will go back to his leg kicks. He has seemed hesitant to use them lately.
Him and gaethje might handicap each other after trading kicks lol..I want gaethje to dismantle Vick.. Vick has been running that mouth way too long.